Do my Birds have a cold? or worse?

Everyone is clearing up nicley, BUT now my 7 & 8 week olds are starting to sneeze, Can I add the Tylan 50 to their water? There are 45 of them.

I have the injectable Tylan 50, but since I caught this early I was hoping to go the water route.

BTW - I just ordered Du Pont Virkon-S Disinfectant Tablets 50 Count to clean all my coops, feeders, waterers, and perches when everyone is well again, from Arcata Pet Supplies...(great price & low shipping)

Is there anything else I need to do?
idunno.gif

ALSO I wanted to mention that my birds seem very thin...yet They were wormed less than a month ago, and eat VERY well. Could they have lost weight super quick with this cold? then again, I don't handle everyone that often, just the few that are super friendly get picked up daily, and of course they are fat.

Also I was thinking of changing my coop floor to sand...what are the pro's & cons? Is it more hygenic? Easier to clean out? We are in the everglades, so they are in an open air coop most of the year and the same coop covered tightly with a HUGE tarp during the cold spells.

Last edited:
Quote:
Jersey giants - - - should be pretty big at 7 - 8 weeks.

Bantams are 1/4 CC and standard are 1/2 cc per day. Do daily for 5 - 7 days.
I would do the tylan - 50 at .4 cc per day and do orally.
There are other antibotics that are water soluable and would do better if mixed in the water like duramycin - 10.

Back
Top Bottom