Do my chickens have PMS or something?.....

Quote:
Okay i will get pics when i get home tomorrow. I can tell you they don't bend. They simply stick straight up to the sky, meanwhile the other gals feathers bend down like there is a magnet in her butt. Thanks for everything!

I can't tell you about the tail positions, or if they are roos or not, but my pullets at about that age did the chest bumping activity. I thought at the time it was a pecking order behavior. The chest bumping did not lead to fighting or more aggresssive behavior......at that age, they would chest bump and then run after a little wild sparrow that might fly overhead. They were pretty easily distracted. I remember some unusual sounds too and mine were all pullets.

They are very pretty birds.

Anne

My baby girls can be vicious when they get down...the beak pecking is more of a girl thing from what I've seen....when Gracie goes off...every chicken runs for the hills...including Ese...from what I could see from the pics...it looks like two girls

Quote:
Seriously?! I'm a boy and I know what it is...

holliewould,
I think I know what you mean by the tail hanging down. My neighbor's chicken does that and It doesn't walk like the others. Do yours walk funny because of the tail? I hope its nothing bad.

Back
Top Bottom