Do MY Chickens Have Worms????

flubenvet wormer has no egg withdrawel period...you can buy it online
smile.png

Ok one more quick question. Here on the island where I live I have no access to any of this stuff and I will have to pick it up while I am in Fl at Easter. In the meantime is there kind of home remedy I can use until then or should I just wait until I get back from Fl with the right stuff?

Quote:
Dawg53 I trust your advice do you know anything about this flubenvet with no egg withdraw and does it work on all worms any and all help would be appreciated.

Quote:
Could it not me maggot larva? flys lay eggs in chicken poop?

You know I had this same thought after inspecting their poop droppings and not seeing anything in it. There hasn't been any flies around since last November or so but I have noticed a few around the coops lately since it started to warm up a little. I will go and inspect a little better and give a more detailed description.
Be back soon..........

Quote:
Dawg53 I trust your advice do you know anything about this flubenvet with no egg withdraw and does it work on all worms any and all help would be appreciated.

X2!
thumbsup.gif

Dawg53 has been so helpfull to me in the past as well!

(I did google it and it does say that eggs are safe to eat when using this product)

Quote:

X2!
thumbsup.gif

Dawg53 has been so helpfull to me in the past as well!

(I did google it and it does say that eggs are safe to eat when using this product)

Yea he helped me last year when my chickens had worms. I was so worried and asked a bunch of questions and he was such a big help and answered all my questions. I just want to worm my chickens again but can't be without eggs for long both of my grand daughters can NOT have store bought eggs. So if I can give them this and still eat the eggs all would be great. So I will await Dawg53's advice.

Ok upon further inspection this is what I found.....
There are 5 different spots in the coop where they poop but the worms are only in one spot and that is in the corner. All 4 of the other poop areas do not have any worms. I did put seven dust on this one poop pile last night and upon inspection just now they all seem to be still live to day and that seven dust doesn't harm them. You can't see them unless you dig into the poop and then they all try to burry themselfs back up again. They do look like miniture maggotts to me. I also just cleaned out the poop and with a fresh start clean will see what tomorrow brings?

Flubenvet is not available here. Schellie, I recommend you store up some eggs to last you a couple of weeks prior to worming. I'm doing that now because I have to worm mine the first week of April. ETA: Just use one wormer this time...Safeguard or Valbazen.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom