Do my little sisters count as pests, because I've got 2!

This is going to sound counterintuitive, but you might get better results if you do regular supervised quail time with your sisters.

Right now, they can see their big sister is really interested in these birds. They both have reasons to want to play with the birds (even if you think they're dumb reasons, it doesn't matter - the reasons are important to your sisters) and they're not allowed to, so it's even more tempting. Plus, children are inherently self-centered - it's going to be difficult for them to really deeply understand that they're hurting the birds unless they do something and the birds actually get obviously hurt, ie, they startle a bird and it bonks its head and is sick or dying. As far as your sisters are concerned, they're *not* hurting the birds! They just want to play with them and be friends!

If you tell them "Hey, I know you want to play with the birds but they're not toys and they can hurt themselves if you scare them. What if we sit together and watch them for a few minutes every day?" During this time you can answer all their questions and correct their behavior, ie, when your sister starts howling or purring, you can remind her that the birds are *eaten* by bigger animals and she's scaring them by acting like a big animal. If she still can't behave herself, then cut bird time short and tell them they can try again tomorrow...and if they don't behave, you'll start finding ways to make the bird cage less attractive. "If you're going to act like an animal, then I'll treat you like one", basically - bring out the spray bottle. Or "That's not how a princess acts", for your other sister. You can also use rewards - ie, if you can be quiet and behave for a whole week, next time we can hold the birds for a few minutes.

It's...a lot of work, tbh, and the most important part is to recognize that this is going to be a slow process that takes weeks or months. The most important thing is to be consistent, even when they upset you or drive you nuts.

Nope, not upsetting, it was my attempt at humor ... highlighting in bold to ask if it was the sisters that were to be kept outside.
lol I didint realize the bold I reread it and snickerd ... but yah I did mean the sisters... not sure what the bear minimum size is for her little sisters probaly what like 20 sqaure feet then when they come in at night 3 sq ft
but Im not a bearminimum kinda keeper so probaly 30 sq ft now if shes wants a factory farm kinda set up 1x1 sq ft per person almost put chicken this thread is bringing back my childhood with my brothers well one of them the other we never had a strong bond or even a decent one

This is going to sound counterintuitive, but you might get better results if you do regular supervised quail time with your sisters.

Right now, they can see their big sister is really interested in these birds. They both have reasons to want to play with the birds (even if you think they're dumb reasons, it doesn't matter - the reasons are important to your sisters) and they're not allowed to, so it's even more tempting. Plus, children are inherently self-centered - it's going to be difficult for them to really deeply understand that they're hurting the birds unless they do something and the birds actually get obviously hurt, ie, they startle a bird and it bonks its head and is sick or dying. As far as your sisters are concerned, they're *not* hurting the birds! They just want to play with them and be friends!

If you tell them "Hey, I know you want to play with the birds but they're not toys and they can hurt themselves if you scare them. What if we sit together and watch them for a few minutes every day?" During this time you can answer all their questions and correct their behavior, ie, when your sister starts howling or purring, you can remind her that the birds are *eaten* by bigger animals and she's scaring them by acting like a big animal. If she still can't behave herself, then cut bird time short and tell them they can try again tomorrow...and if they don't behave, you'll start finding ways to make the bird cage less attractive. "If you're going to act like an animal, then I'll treat you like one", basically - bring out the spray bottle. Or "That's not how a princess acts", for your other sister. You can also use rewards - ie, if you can be quiet and behave for a whole week, next time we can hold the birds for a few minutes.

It's...a lot of work, tbh, and the most important part is to recognize that this is going to be a slow process that takes weeks or months. The most important thing is to be consistent, even when they upset you or drive you nuts.
are you a theripist that shi sounded WISE or just good at parenting when i was reading this I was like danm/wow this reminds me of when I had a theripsg for bothering my brothers hobby when i was younger we werent that tight he never realy wanted to play or talk

Back
Top Bottom