Do not...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by yoie, Apr 20, 2011.

1. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

wear flip flops into the chicken coop when you have treats in your hand! [​IMG] I learned my lesson today. I was out weeding my garden and thought I would bring my chickens a few grubs and worms that I had found, not thinking I walked into the coop and started feeding the treats to my chickens. Then my very bold chicken Tetra decided my toes looked like a big bug and chomp! Right down on the toe, you would of thought after one bite she would have realized that it wasn't a treat. I guess she is just special [​IMG]

2. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I had a friend over and we were both wearing sandals and throwing bread. Then it became a game of throwing bread at each others feet. Very funny.

3. gertiie

gertiie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Warsaw, Indiana
    [​IMG] This is very wise advice thank you !!! Hope your toe is ok !

4. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    another no no is don't wear red toe nail polish.. much to daughters dismay she found that out.. couldn't dance fast enough to get away from them... hehehehehe

5. micayc

micayc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2010
    Centrel PA
    been there....done that!LOL

6. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    Quote:or any other bright colors! :lol My nails are painted in 3 different colors (colors chosen by my 2 yr old daughter--Bright Pink, Lime Green, and Midnight Blue... [​IMG] ) and the chickens attacked my toes! Luckily I am used to it though.

7. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    And hold the treat container at head level, NOT waist level, if you don't want it spilled in front of your feet all at once. Some chickens can fly straight up just fine, thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by