Do Only Pullets Trill?

VintageLilFarm

Songster
11 Years
Dec 30, 2012
The Great Northwest
Just one bird in my juvenile quartet trills. It's the black one with the gold, that is nearly 9 wks old.
Screenshot_20180414-135906_Video Player.jpg
I'm hoping it's because she's a girl, lol. Two of the four are definitely cockerels. Thoughts on trilling, and if it's gender related at 8-10 weeks old?
(I tried to post a recording, but it doesn't look like I can post recordings here.)

Attachments

• 20180414_114725.jpg
    20180414_114725.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Just one bird in my juvenile quartet trills. It's the black one with the gold, that is nearly 9 wks old. View attachment 1338989 I'm hoping it's because she's a girl, lol. Two of the four are definitely cockerels. Thoughts on trolling, and if it's gender related at 8-12 weeks old?
(I tried to post a recording, but it doesn't look like I can post recordings here.)
She sure is a beauty, they are all nice looking, but she sure stands out! :love What breed is the lavender?

I only see what seems to be pullets in the photo.
There doesn’t seem to be any evidence of long narrow hackle/saddle feathers.
The combs aren’t very pink/red.
I’m not sure about vocalizing in terms of male/female but if yours are nearing 3 months old I’d think they’d be crowing by now if they were cockerels.

The older two are only just now 2 months old. I'm pretty certain the buff one is a boy. The lavender wa sold to me a week ago as a cockerel by a breeder... the white one is only 6 weeks today, and I'd love to think it's a pullet!
The trilling one is 7 weeks old. I'm hoping it's a puller, too, of course!

Back
Top Bottom