Do other chickens not know that silkies are....

The boss bird of my hen yard flock definitely knows what Silkies are. The only other cock bird in there is a Silkie. He's nearly the size of some of the smaller dual-purpose hens and whenever he thinks he can get away with it he'll try to jump one. Try anyway. Most of the girls won't put up with his nonsense, but I've seen him score a few times. If Hopalong is anywhere near though he'll run him off no different than he would any other interloping rooster.

Most of the times the big hens would ignore the Silkie hens unless they got in the way while they were feeding. Then they'd get a peck.

Wendy'sChicksRock :

Can you swap out the roo for another hen?

Nah, I got them as day olds from the hatchery, straight run of course. If they both turn out to be roos, then I'll just have a couple of cute lawn ornaments....or as my DH calls them, toilet bowl brushes with legs.
lol.png

I just hope that Jethro can stay under the rooster radar. My brahma roo is putting up with my turken cockerel for now. I'd hate to see what he could do to a tiny little silkie roo.​

as my DH calls them, toilet bowl brushes with legs

yuckyuck.gif

OMGosh, I'm about to have some of those toilet brushes as free ranging house chickens in diapers.. LOL don't give me any ideas..

Christal​

Back
Top Bottom