Do rats kill ducklings???

taylohol11

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 25, 2012
Ok so we have a duckling it's almost fully grown and we have to put it in the green house because it's too big to keep in the kitchen anymore. We have other ducks and two of them are it's parents but it hasn't got all it's feathers yet so we can't put it with them in the pond.

Before the duckling we had quails and all 32 of them were killed by rats! I'm really scared that the duck will get eaten or killed by the rats :( Do rats kill ducks???

Ok so we have a duckling it's almost fully grown and we have to put it in the green house because it's too big to keep in the kitchen anymore. We have other ducks and two of them are it's parents but it hasn't got all it's feathers yet so we can't put it with them in the pond. Before the duckling we had quails and all 32 of them were killed by rats! I'm really scared that the duck will get eaten or killed by the rats :( Do rats kill ducks???
you do not want to put a duckling out in your green house to fend for itself. how about a large dog crate inside with the other ducks that way they can all get use to each other and the duckling will be safe from the rats. but please don't put it outside by it's self your just setting it up to be killed. Maybe keeping it in a little longer inside would be worth it. After all it didn't ask to be hatched.

I decided to convince my mum to put it in the wine room (which is indoors and completly rat free) he is in there now and fine. Also i have another question: Can ducks and cats become friends???

just wondering because we have two cats and there really sweet and are fine with ducks and chickens. They have never touched him in a violent manner. I just thought he could live in there room with them or is that not possible???

Thanx for the advise by the way :)

Back
Top Bottom