do roos *mount* roos? silkie related...

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
I have a buff silkie that I thought was a pullet. It has a single comb and was always smaller. The roo that hatched with it always protected it. It has always been demure. I figured it was a she because the single comb was always pretty small. Well, not long ago it developed streamers, which I am told is only on boys. So, no big deal, it's pretty quiet. Today I saw the cochin roo mounting *him*, not successfully, but mounting and trying none the less. Is my roo confused? Or is he just as confused as me
hu.gif

In other species, males mounting males is often a sign of dominance. The more dominant roo is telling the other that he's the boss. Did the other roo crouch down and let Big Roo try?

Quote:
no, but none of the hens/pullets do, there are too many roos, which are being rehomed Tuesday. So I will have to see what happens after that
hmm.png

yup.. i had an agressive bantie mix roo.... and his male "friend" he would mount all the time....
last week i "found them a home"....i tossed them both over the fence for the coyotes..
and i STILL have to many roos!!!!

Back
Top Bottom