Do tamed conures breed?

Aug 8, 2019
Hi everyone i have a pair of pineapple green cheek conures they are tamed they come on hand but will not let me touch them.Some people told me that tamed parrots dont breed is that true?

If you want to see if they will mate, give them the best conditions for raising their family. Nice wooden nest box, room to fly and get lots of exercise, like an aviary. Feed them breeding food, usually has higher protein, and give oyster shell in a dish for the female. Lots of green food if they will eat it, also fruit. Longer lighting will help, increasing day length, like it was springtime. You might want to give them better food for a month first, then give them the nest box. If you see them mating, give them the box sooner!

If you want to see if they will mate, give them the best conditions for raising their family. Nice wooden nest box, room to fly and get lots of exercise, like an aviary. Feed them breeding food, usually has higher protein, and give oyster shell in a dish for the female. Lots of green food if they will eat it, also fruit. Longer lighting will help, increasing day length, like it was springtime. You might want to give them better food for a month first, then give them the nest box. If you see them mating, give them the box sooner!
Tyvm for replying and letting me know i will try to get them a bigger cage if thats okay?

Hii i planned on making a aviary for them but can i keep peafowl and them in the same aviary? And wht other birds can i keep with them?

Hii i planned on making a aviary for them but can i keep peafowl and them in the same aviary? And wht other birds can i keep with them?
I have been away from the BYC site, just saw this. I have never had my small parrots with a big bird like a peafowl. Just from my experience, they are afraid of big birds. I would not expect them to mate anywhere they feel afraid. If you try this, watch them, see how they react. Fluffing, hissing, hiding, would all indicate fear to me. Parrots like to know what is expected. They like routine. They hate change! It can take my African Grey 6 months to chew on a toy, just for example!

I have been away from the BYC site, just saw this. I have never had my small parrots with a big bird like a peafowl. Just from my experience, they are afraid of big birds. I would not expect them to mate anywhere they feel afraid. If you try this, watch them, see how they react. Fluffing, hissing, hiding, would all indicate fear to me. Parrots like to know what is expected. They like routine. They hate change! It can take my African Grey 6 months to chew on a toy, just for example!
They didnt come out of the box just for food and water? Does this mean they are afraid? I can make a separate cage.

They didnt come out of the box just for food and water? Does this mean they are afraid? I can make a separate cage.
Staying in the box and not coming out for food would be worse! Most breeders will prefer their own cage, unless they are in a flock of their own like parakeets. My Cockatiels all had their own cages, and they would not let another bird go in their cage or eat from their dish. They would go back into their cage if there was a stranger in the house.

ayka
Staying in the box and not coming out for food would be worse! Most breeders will prefer their own cage, unless they are in a flock of their own like parakeets. My Cockatiels all had their own cages, and they would not let another bird go in their cage or eat from their dish. They would go back into their cage if there was a stranger in the house.
Okay ty i will get make a separate cage for them.

Back
Top Bottom