Do these eggs need help?!

coupelesschics

Chirping
Aug 30, 2020
Hi, I'm new to hatching eggs and even with all the research I've done I am stumped. I had 10 eggs in the incubator due to hatch. I'd been having trouble keeping the humidity up but finally it's up to 76. Before that it was staying in the 60s. I had two that hatched on time,which was 12/1 the other 8 are still in the incubator. They have been moving inside the egg alot for close to 5 days now. They have pipped some but I can see the white inner layer and none have been able to get through it. Do I need to do something like wrap a paper towel around them or just leave them? I hate to open the incubator bc of my humidity issues. I'm just concerned. Idk what to do. I've posted a picture to show a blue egg and the white area I am referring to.
PXL_20201208_063156230~2.jpg

So I need to lower the humidity? The first 18 days it was mid 50's in the farm innovator circulating air incubator then switched over to the circulating air hova bator for hatch. So does it need lowered now? It's at 71 humidity and 99 temp. Thanks for helping me I'm starting to stress😁

So I need to lower the humidity? The first 18 days it was mid 50's in the farm innovator circulating air incubator then switched over to the circulating air hova bator for hatch. So does it need lowered now? It's at 71 humidity and 99 temp. Thanks for helping me I'm starting to stress😁
It is too late to lower it now. It needs to be up for hatching. It needed to be lower throughout incubation but lowing it now can cause problems of their own.

Some more information would be useful. What eggs are these, chicken? What day of incubation are you on? How long since the eggs pipped?
So these are chicken eggs. This is the 27th day. They all made super tiny pin holes about 3 days ago. Super tiny, I haven't see beaks poking out but light will shine through it. I'm trying to get pics. If you look at the pic I sent. At the bottom of the eggs they are to the inner layer. The white membrane, not the one that's around the chick. They move a lot. Reminds me of when I was pregnant and my son would move and you could see it even through my shirt. "I'm carrying an alien" look.
PXL_20201208_063127325.jpg

If they pipped 3 days ago and are still alive you’re probably going to want to assist in hatching. It sounds like your temperature was low through incubation if they’re this late.

Back
Top Bottom