Do these look accurate?

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
So I bought a couple cheap thermometer/hygrometer on amazon. I set them up next to each other today to see if they showed the same temp and humidity. They were pretty close, so I’m assuming they are accurate?
Also if the room shows around 40% humidity, is that pretty normal or should I make adjustments when I hatch in the spring? Not sure how things will change once the season changes but I’ll be monitoring the room so I am prepared when the time comes.

1632534302858.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like they're all on the same page for temperature, so thats good. I've had iffy results with ice water testing my thermometers in the past, so I'de trust what you see here. I'd also test the hygrometers though. They're all about 2 degrees off from each other, doing a salt test will show you which one to believe.

It really depends on your environment, season, location, etc. etc.
To do the slat test, you fill a small plastic water bottle cap with salt, and then dampen it with water. you don't want it to be to wet.
Then, you place the cap in a sealed container, (I use rubbermaid tupplewares) or plastic bag along with the gauge. You let it sit for 12 hours I believe, and it should read 75% at this point. Heres article explaining the process.
https://www.wikihow.com/Test-a-Hygrometer

It really depends on your environment, season, location, etc. etc.
To do the slat test, you fill a small plastic water bottle cap with salt, and then dampen it with water. you don't want it to be to wet.
Then, you place the cap in a sealed container, (I use rubbermaid tupplewares) or plastic bag along with the gauge. You let it sit for 12 hours I believe, and it should read 75% at this point. Heres article explaining the process.
https://www.wikihow.com/Test-a-Hygrometer
Thank you! I just read through about 10 posts of people who salt tested but none of them explained the test!

Back
Top Bottom