Do these look like males or females? And are they easter eggers?

Yes, all the chipmunk looking ones are likely Easter Eggers. It’s way too early to tell gender, unfortunately. You’ll have to update in a few weeks to tell that. :)
They look like Easter Eggers. But you will havr to wait till 4+weeks to tell if they are male or female
This isn't a trick question but a sincere one. What makes you think the chicks are Easter Eggers? I currently have over 100 EEs, but they have pea combs, slate shanks and muffs and beards. Those traits come from Auracanas and Ameraucanas. But I'm aware that other breeds withOUT the above traits have been used to make EEs in recent years. It appears that in the first photo, the chick at top right corner has a straight comb. I also see yellow feet and smooth faces. I'm not saying you are wrong, just asking what traits do you see that identify them as EEs?
Local hatchery. In my home town.
The reason I asked my question is because sometimes knowing what hatchery chicks came from can help identify a breed. For example, your chicks resemble Welsummers to my eye, but if your hometown hatchery doesn't hatch Welsummers then that rules Welsummers out.

OP says they were purchased as EE correct? If no more information was given, I would guess they are mixed breed hatched from green or blue eggs.
Yes that is what the OP said, but title of thread asks if they are Easter Eggers. I was wanting to know how to identify EE chicks from breeds with straight combs, yellow shanks, etc. They exist now, but I only have the "old style" EEs. That's why I asked.

The hatchery has bearded birds out there but they have a variety in different big secluded sections. I was told easter eggers when I got them also got 2 delawares. Which are yellow birds in pics. I'm more used to gamefowl. These are my first regular chickens.

The hatchery has bearded birds out there but they have a variety in different big secluded sections. I was told easter eggers when I got them also got 2 delawares. Which are yellow birds in pics. I'm more used to gamefowl. These are my first regular chickens.
Whatever color eggs they end up laying, I feel certain you will think they are beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom