Do these Pekin ducklings look right?

Mar 26, 2020
Southern Vermont
My Pekin ducklings seem to have much much thinner and more easily waterlogged than the Rouen, they kinda look like a half plucked turkey in moments, are they just growing so fast their “feathers” haven’t caught up? Is it a nutrition deficiency? Or am I just paranoid?
7DC1198F-EEEC-445E-AAD6-8F725BCF133F.jpeg
D495FCE2-2119-420E-81C4-AA1BED68E4CE.jpeg
BCB778C8-C0E3-40D7-BE7A-948B4CFBB3E9.jpeg

My pekin looked like a gangly hobbit from about 2 weeks until 8 weeks old lol they grow really fast and it takes a while for their baby fluff to go away entirely.
thats hilarious because just last night I said one looked like a hobbit!
The pictures dont do justice to how soggy and waterlogged they get, I swear they won’t have any fluff at all when they do off it all goes transparent. The little guy facing away is the one I thought was pretty hobbit like
77D4551C-BD0A-4E84-9471-BCFE64DB701A.jpeg

They are adorable ❤ I have a question are you feeding chick starter? If you are please add some B3 to their diet. Large breeds like Pekins can get leg issues like lameness pigeon toes and other problems associated with a deficiency and it’s so easy to make sure they don’t by adding nutritional Yeast or getting liquid B Complex to add to their diet. You can but NY at Whole Foods or order off Amazon and TSC carries Durvet liquid BComplex.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom