Do They All Crow?

fuzzi

She Who Brings Grapes
Premium Feather Member
Apr 5, 2022
Pitt County, NC
My Coop
My Coop
I bought a straight run of ten Speckled Sussex bantams. Seven are cockerels. They're eleven weeks old and I've been hearing some attempts at crowing.

Here's my question: in a flock as I have with several males, will they ALL start crowing or just the dominant one(s)?

I bought a straight run of ten Speckled Sussex bantams. Seven are cockerels. They're eleven weeks old and I've been hearing some attempts at crowing.

Here's my question: in a flock as I have with several males, will they ALL start crowing or just the dominant one(s)?
They might not all be matured enough to crow yet.......and some might not due to submission.

I would expect them all to crow eventually, no matter whether they are dominant or not. But some may wait longer than others before they start.

I had 12 standard fowl roosters. Was trying to breed some green eggers. At around 2.5 months they started crowing. Every few days a new one would start up. Once half of them were crowing around 3 months, I sold them. I expect they all would've crowed eventually. One would start, and they'd all chime in.

I had 12 standard fowl roosters. Was trying to breed some green eggers. At around 2.5 months they started crowing. Every few days a new one would start up. Once half of them were crowing around 3 months, I sold them. I expect they all would've crowed eventually. One would start, and they'd all chime in.
:confused:

:gig

Back
Top Bottom