11 Years
Jan 20, 2009
NorCal
counterclockwise?

just askin'

neva thought about it before.

smile.png

Quote:
Im trying to remember how the eggs hatched in my incubator, though i think it was counter clockwise as well... will update you guys when my next batch gets through... so it may not be like water flowing down a drain pipe loco
smile.png

If they are in the correct hatching position yes. The position of the bird is why it zips to the right. If it zips in any other fashion, I would keep a close eye on it because it points to a malposition and can hinder progress.

My zipper stopped zipping. Is still alive. Maybe stuck to inside of shell? She's been like this for five hours!

My zipper stopped zipping. Is still alive. Maybe stuck to inside of shell? She's been like this for five hours!

Zipping should take a few minutes, not hours. A stalled zipper is usually a sign of a problem. Me, personally would finish the process for it, especially if it is zipping abnormally. You might find either a positional problem or a development/deformed issue.

Zipping should take a few minutes, not hours. A stalled zipper is usually a sign of a problem. Me, personally would finish the process for it, especially if it is zipping abnormally. You might find either a positional problem or a development/deformed issue.

Thank you very much. I tried turning the egg a bit so she can more easily zip but she doesn't seem to be able. I found information on here about helping zip so I think I'll try that. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom