do they look ready to lay?

Bet she's ready! I just went out and visited mine and they only show signs of hunger LOL I feed them like crazy, food dish is ALWAYS full. I have the seperated cockerel going away today....wife is sad. But he is bullied too much from the roo and stays away from the flock, bummer thing is he is a much prettier and larger bird than my roo is.....amazing colors and gentle as can be...but nervous under the circumstances.

Wish you knew the ages of your birds.....mine are very close to 25 weeks and only three look it. the others look big and full but no combs with red ....several have little grey combs. crazy!

Last edited:
Today's shot of the BA in the pictures above with her slightly younger BA buddy behind her

Wow....she is holding an egg! lol she looks ready to me for sure. if you dont get one this weekend it would be wrong. lol really though, she looks close. Makes me feel like I got longer to wait because mine dont look as mature as that one.

we'll see, they both look super ready but it seems like watching water and waiting for it to boil, you know it's going to happen but the longer you look at it the longer it takes !

lol....this is absolutely crazy. Now, we need to bet of who will get an egg first. I think you will, BUT it seems we both have the same bloodline of stubborn girls. I did notice today the straw was flyin....they are playing in the nest and trowing straw everywhere.....they had such perfect little shaped nest from a human perspective! maybe I did go off the deep end.
wee.gif

I don't think m chickens believe in laying eggs, yours may be first, at least someone will be having luck. I added a 3- month old EE to my flock too, why not have one more chicken that doesn't lay eggs .......

Back
Top Bottom