do they look ready to lay?

Thats funny....really funny because Im thinking about getting a couple more....I want an EE too...I have the americauna THATS supposed to lay blue eggs ....so I hear! but I wanted a BO as well. just want to feed more freeloaders. I gotta tell you, Im really surprised at my roo....he is such a gentleman....I never knew chickens could display manners for the ladies. proud to own him. The girls on the otherhand! ;)

This is Blaze.....Mr nice guy! I was shocked when I tossed some grapes to them and he was handing them out to the girls and never ate even one. I had a partial handful I thought they would enjoy. lol

Cool looking rooster, I hear some can be really be mean so glad one that looks that nice had the personality to match. Does he crow a lot? My neighbors Leghorn Roo never stops!

He will crow in the morning about 6:30 to 7:00 and once or twice through the day and maybe in the evening a couple times....he is very low with his crow and we usually miss it (he is still young)....we like to hear him crow and will miss it being inside the house usually. he is very mellow and just starting to mate....that being said he must be mellow because during his first mate season he isnt overly bearing...I got rid of the cockerel and things really calmed. When he tries to mate and a hen screams he lets her go....he wont over stay his welcome it seems. If he was too rough with the girls he would be with the cockerel.....lol and I would search for a good roo....he is really impressive with his warning too...I never knew roosters were so vigilant. I think were going to keep him....at first we didnt care much for roosters bullying the hens and being so bossy disruptive but he is good.

A few pics of the ones I think are going to lay an egg first. Getting a face pic is hard with my phone and these ninja like chickens.....they wont pose!.

Wednesday it is! I'm feeling an egg in the morning....mainly because we just bought some. But Wednesday is the official day!

Here is a picture of one of my girls. I hope I get an egg on Wednesday too! She is 20 weeks old and I have 7 more the same age. I can't wait for them to start laying!!

tmeyers968. Looks like we have a club....and we can't call it the breakfast club. Lol let us know if you get breakfast Wednesday or not....I told my wife I got dibs on the first egg. Lol I'm not holding my breathe :idunno

Back
Top Bottom