do u know anything about rabbits?

I don't have pics of my rabbit cages, but if you are going to have a male and a female they should be kept separate to prevent unwanted pregnancies and the males can and will kill the babies.

i honestly don't see the point whatsoever. rabbits are the third most overpopulated pet in shelters in this country, dying daily because of this as well as costing taxpayers money. get a baby bunny, or 3, raise them, and get your baby bunny fix. unless you plan on harvesting them for consumption i see NO point in bringing more animals into this world that are destined to be homeless.

Don't mean to be rude, but I have to agree with what eKo_birdies has to say. Most people buy their kids a baby bunny and after a few months they get tired of them. There is no point in bringing in more rabbits into the world who eventually become homeless.

X2

Why in the world would you breed if there is no point? Give them away? Sounds irresponsible to me. Why would you breed them to have the babies die in a shelter somewhere?​

Last edited:
i dont think yall are understanding my idea. I wanted 1 or 2 litters! not 500 little baby bunnies. i know a lot of people i would give the babies as MEAT bunnies. they wouldnt b taken to a shelter or anything they would be EATEN. I just want something like a rabbit for a pet outside as a little project to work on. i wanted to build a nice cage and get a couple rabbits and see what happens from there. i have a problem with when i want something the idea tends to get bigger. one example is i wanted to start out with getting 2 chickens. i have 10 now and i have only had them for 3 months.

Please post pictures of the cages please i know about the animal shelters and things. Here in south ga there isnt 1 rabbit. The closest rabbit in a shleter to me is in tallahasee fl. If there is any rabbits that dont have a home people take them in i know a TON of people that have rabbits. most for meat but some for pets. I know what i am doing isnt the best thing in the world for shelters and that just because there isnt a rabbit near me isnt an excuse to do what i want but i am very responsible. The babies would be taken to a home and after i get 5 or 6 babies i would be done with the whole rabbit breeeding and they would be JUST FOR PETS.

please post pics of your rabbit homes

thank you

Wow, how did this thread get to be 3 pages long . . .

idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom