Do we have a rooster?

Pelarue14

Hatching
May 2, 2024
I assume this is a rooster? Bigger legs than all, but especially the other BO we have. Bigger in general, big pink comb and tends to go after the others more than any of the other chicks. They’re 6 weeks old right now. I have the other BO in the picture for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_1980.jpeg
    IMG_1980.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Well, I'll tell you right now that middle one is a boy! Had the EXACT same experience with my two BO "Pullets" this spring as well. By 5 weeks, my roo was very obviously not a pullet! We like him, though. :rolleyes: He's now 11 or 12 weeks, and is practically the same size as my adult RIR hen! It's amazing how quickly they grow.

Well, I'll tell you right now that middle one is a boy! Had the EXACT same experience with my two BO "Pullets" this spring as well. By 5 weeks, my roo was very obviously not a pullet! We like him, though. :rolleyes: He's now 11 or 12 weeks, and is practically the same size as my adult RIR hen! It's amazing how quickly they grow.
Ugh! Such a bummer. Wish we could keep him but we can’t have a rooster, sadly. I would love to! Planning to find him a loving home that needs one for their flock. 🙏🏼

Back
Top Bottom