Do yall mess with you animals to keep yourselves amused?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by SarahFair, Jul 27, 2011.

1. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    I have taken to flipping the back porch light on and off really fast while my goats stand there and look at me.
    Dont know why, but it makes me laugh.. My SO just thinks Im crazy

2. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    I like to color on my dog with magic markers. He can be a tiger, or a cheetah, maybe polka dotty- perhaps even play a game o pictionary on him?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sometimes while we are hiking with my dog and he goes up ahead of us, we'll hide really quietly behind a tree. He turns around and you can always see just a second of panic when he realizes we are not there, then he figures out we are behind the tree! Always gives us a good laugh.

4. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    I have pea gravel in my duck run, and my ducks used to "hate" me and hide inside when I was hosing the place down. They got over that, and I started messing with them. As I spray, I'll shoot some in their direction. At first they'd give me the crazy eye and run away. Now they wait for me to do it, and follow the hose. I've taught them an annoying trick that was supposed to be my entertainment!

Our garage is detached from the house, and sometimes when we come home, I run behind the garage and hide. Husband let's the dogs out, and they fly back into the back portion of the yard. I wait until I hear their feet near the garage, and I jump out and go "Boo!". The first time Ricca flipped out and went off on me, and I had to say "Ricca, it's me!". Logan didn't even bat an eye, he just got happy. Now, they run wide of the garage and look for me first, even if they just greeted me on the porch... in case someone else decides to scare them.

We hid behind trees when hiking too, more to teach Ricca to keep an eye on us than to mess with her.

5. CYGChickies

CYGChickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    My grandma had a farm when I was young and she and my great aunt switched the eggs of a chicken and a duck. Both mothers happily raised their babies but the duck could never get her babies to swim with her and the hen had a panic attack everyday trying to get her kids out of the pond. It was terrible but hilarious.

CYG

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by