Do you Coupon?

good for you! that is excellent!! i need to look at the cvs ad this week!! woot woot!!
I found a lot of Clearance deals at this CVS. They were awesome deals PLUS I had coupons on them too. For instance, the Act mouthwash was marked down to $1.44. Then I had a $1 off coupon too. Want a STEAL... Act mouthwash for .44 a bottle. The only thing bad about CVS clearance deals is that they don't last long! LOL

CVS is one store where it pays to not be in a hurry, take your coupon folio in, and just look for clearance stickers. Did I go into the store planning on buying mouthwash - NO! However, at .44 a bottle, I would be STUPID not to stock up NOW!

This store had all kinds of dental clearance products on the shelf, but NO COSMETICS left. My regular CVS is the other way around - - - TONS of cosmetics on clearance, but no dental products. Interesting what is "Hot" in the different areas of town. LOL..

So the deal today was at Publix where Hall Cough Drops are B1G1. A couple of weeks ago, the Sunday paper had $1 off 2 bags of Halls Cough Drops.

Using the sale prices and the coupons, I ended up paying .35 a bag. Fantastic Price and with a household full of coughs right now - JUST IN TIME!

This thread has over 800 views and only 100 posts. So, What do the visitors need in order for them to participate?

Here is my shopping tip for today.

FIRST... Use your CVS card to get a $2.50 coupon from the red box in CVS. Combine that with the .50 off coupon on Colgate toothpaste from the past Sunday's paper and score a tube of FREE toothpaste at CVS. It is a 6 oz tube and you only have to pay tax.

SECOND . . . Visit your Dollar General with the Nieva lip balm coupon in last Sunday's paper. It is a $3 off 2 packages coupon. My Dollar General had a TWO pack on sale for $2. I bought Two packages of the two packs for $4 used the $3 off coupon. Out the door for 4 tubes of lip balm was $1 and tax.

Here is what I am looking for ... A sale on Jimmy Dean Sausage. I have the coupons, but can not find it any cheaper than $3 a roll... WTH ? ? I see it on sale in the Northern States and I saw it on sale at Wal-mart the week before I got my coupons. I am so bumming. These coupons are going to expire in less than a week. If Winn Dixie doesn't put them on sale Wed, I am going to be disgusted!

I think for most people the thought is overwhelming at first... organizing, clipping, sorting, looking through ads. When I first started, I just bought a few things here and there...then every now and then my list is a little bigger but still manageable. just depends...if I notice I am running low on certain items...I look for those items...if I find a whopper deal along the way then whoo hoo me.

I've only just started couponing again after a long break so I haven't had any woo hoo moments to add. I'm slowly building up my coupons right now and my main store I shop at is not located in your area, but I do plan to get a few good deals there this week such as Oscar Meyer lunch packs w/ drink for .66 cents each which normally go for @ $3. I did get a deal at Walgreens the other day when I bought 2 Mitchum deodorants 2/$6 which gave you $4 in register rewards so they were only $1 each. It actually could have been free, but I didn't start cutting coupons soon enough to get the $1 off coupon that would've went with it. $1 is still pretty good, though, and the more time I put into doing coupons then I should be able to catch up for matching them to products for better deals.

I've only just started couponing again after a long break so I haven't had any woo hoo moments to add. I'm slowly building up my coupons right now and my main store I shop at is not located in your area, but I do plan to get a few good deals there this week such as Oscar Meyer lunch packs w/ drink for .66 cents each which normally go for @ $3. I did get a deal at Walgreens the other day when I bought 2 Mitchum deodorants 2/$6 which gave you $4 in register rewards so they were only $1 each. It actually could have been free, but I didn't start cutting coupons soon enough to get the $1 off coupon that would've went with it. $1 is still pretty good, though, and the more time I put into doing coupons then I should be able to catch up for matching them to products for better deals.
So glad to see you back in the couponing. I have not been able to do the Walgreen's thing since they went to their rewards system. I just can not make it work for me.
There are many stores outside of my area that I actually monitor. It helps me gain perspective on how good of a deal some things are. Just over the state line, Ga has many stores that I don't have like rite-aid, Kroger, Albertson, and Food Lion. Man I could scream sometimes because I see some really good deals at these stores and really wish we had some near me. What is REALLY FUNNY is that Rite-Aid, Albertson, and Food Lion use to be in Florida. They weren't able to compete with the other stores and moved out of Florida.

OBTW, That is a SMOKING HOT deal on the Oscar Meyer lunch packs. I use to refuse to buy them for my kids because of the price. .66 is a BIG TIME STOCK UP Price :)
GOOD JOB!

Last edited:
I think for most people the thought is overwhelming at first... organizing, clipping, sorting, looking through ads. When I first started, I just bought a few things here and there...then every now and then my list is a little bigger but still manageable. just depends...if I notice I am running low on certain items...I look for those items...if I find a whopper deal along the way then whoo hoo me.
I've had complete strangers stop me in the grocery store wanting to know HOW to coupon. I agree that it is something you have to start SMALL and work into. In the beginning, I learned that some coupons weren't worth saving. I think you have to coupon for a while before you figure out that everything has a season. For example, in Nov and Dec the stores were putting Mrs. Smith and Edward pies on sale every week. They were B1G1 every other week. NOW, they are rarely on sale.

I remember reading in one of my magazines, most likely my Mother Earth News, that the meats have a season. Buy chicken (LOL, if you don't have a backyard full of roosters waiting to be harvested) when it is in season. I am noticing that beef has been going up in price again, so now must not be the season for it. However, ALL the stores seem to have LOBSTER tail on sale in the last week or so.

Couponing is something that is much easier to do with a mentor to show you the ropes. There are so many good resources out there, but a person could get very frustrated trying to figure it out on their own. Look at me, I don't shop at Walgreens any more because their reward system just overwhelms me .. . . . .

Rite Aid was amazing couple years ago before they put limits on how many you can buy.

I would get ad scans from iheartriteaid.com that shows the weekly ad up to 3 weeks in advance. Find what I wanted to get and went to ebay to buy 20 coupons for whatever. It cost me maybe $2 -$5 for the coupons. I then wait for the ad and would buy 20 whatever for free. I paid only sales tax and whatever the coupons cost. Almost felt like stealing lol.

Another good site for coupon match ups is afullcup.com

When they started putting the limits to only 2 or 4 per person ruined the fun. I'm not into spending the hours couponing requires to get 2 tubes of toothpaste free anymore. I had so much drug store stuff there was no way to use it all. Every week I donated 75% to the women's shelter.

This was a old Sunday trip to Rite Aid. Over $200 and I paid $13 sales tax!

Another Sunday... only paid sales tax. I had wrote a mushy love letter to huggies brand and they sent me a lot of $3 off coupons.

I always went back at the end of the week and got more.

Another Sunday... only paid sales tax. I had wrote a mushy love letter to huggies brand and they sent me a lot of $3 off coupons.

Here is a GREAT thing that I've discovered since starting to coupon.... Some manufacturers really want you to be happy. Once you've dealt with some manufacturers, once you've experienced a good customer service as opposed to a bad one, it does affect how loyal you are to buying their product. I just had a very favorable response from Gum toothbrushes. I got a toothbrush sample as part of a package deal of toothpaste. I totally LOVED this toothbrush. I have been LOOKING and LOOKING and LOOKING for this model toothbrush and have not been able to find it. I finally wrote a letter to the manufacturer. Lo and behold, my beloved toothbrush has been discontinued. However, the manufacturers still have some, so they are sending me a few FREE of Charge.

I can tell you that given a choice between paying full price ( God Help my soul LOL) on a different brand toothbrush and the one that gave me some excellent customer service, I will remember and choose the one that was good to me :)

Back
Top Bottom