Do you have a favorite breed of dog?

st. bernards-
i would probably have one ,if i could control the slime.lol
i baby sat one for a day and just for fun i took him for a car ride in my honda civic.you should have seen all the people staring at him while i was getting gas.
he was almost 2 and only 210 lbs.he hung his head out the window during the ride.my back glass was covered in slobber.it really was a fun day.

Last edited:
Quote:
i had a catahoula before i had my heelers.she was one tough dog-on the outside.
i am leary toget one now becuase i free range my chickens and i know "dazzle" would have killed them all.she was good with my cats and other dogs but if it were a wild animal,it was toast.which is what she is supposed to do.
your "dingo" is beautiful.i would have a hard time saying no to one if offered,so i try not to look at them.lol

I know what you mean about not looking cause i'd take all the dogs from the pound home if i could lol. I have a catahoula mix and tons of chickens and he has never killed a single one lol but boy does he love to chase squirrels , raccoons or an other animal that is foreign to him. Thought id give you some hope on the matter in case you are ever offered one
smile.png

Purebred, I like shelties, I had one, for my daughter when she was in kindergarten, and that dog was really good for her. But really all my best dogs ever have been strays and pound dogs, mutts all. Herding dogs are brilliant, and I love 'em. The ones I love the best are always the current ones though. (See signature for details if interested.)

Well if you like dogs that are more pet then worker then I recommend mine. she is Bull dog /Beagle mix.

good points. she is very social, plus she is great with kids (any kids).

Bad points. she loves to roll on anything dead. she will eat anything (goose poop included), also to lazy to chase squirrels.
she does however loves to dig till she drops

porkchop-diggn-1.jpg

porkchop-on-the-desk-2.jpg

geese-3.jpg

she is good around the birds and doesn't have any issue with them.

Here is my baby, Merin, a sheltie. If I could get another dog, it would be either a Norwich or Norwalk Terrier. They are just cost prohibited.

100766_dscf0087.jpg

Quote:
She has a face like one of the dogs in our shelter, we don't know her mix, she is maybe a bit bigger than that and slender with more markings. http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19555607
Of
course you can't see any of her markings in that pic.
roll.png

I would say my favorite breed is a Dane
smile.png
I love their personalities. If we ever get a dog that is what I would want, but mutts too.
When I lived with my mom we had a Dane, a dane mix, or that's what we were told, she looked like a really slender lab basically though, and then a chow mix.

Last edited:
Quote:
i had a catahoula before i had my heelers.she was one tough dog-on the outside.
i am leary toget one now becuase i free range my chickens and i know "dazzle" would have killed them all.she was good with my cats and other dogs but if it were a wild animal,it was toast.which is what she is supposed to do.
your "dingo" is beautiful.i would have a hard time saying no to one if offered,so i try not to look at them.lol

I know what you mean about not looking cause i'd take all the dogs from the pound home if i could lol. I have a catahoula mix and tons of chickens and he has never killed a single one lol but boy does he love to chase squirrels , raccoons or an other animal that is foreign to him. Thought id give you some hope on the matter in case you are ever offered one
smile.png

I actually won't let any of our dogs out with the chickens alone. They all show to much interest. They make me too nervous. Surprisingly though, the ones that show the most interest are our chihuahuas. I swear they actually drool when they see the chickens. They all seem to care less about my daughters rabbits when she lets them out inside to run around. The catahoula and the shepherd are actually scared of them. Lately, the only problems I have had are between our lab and our catahoula. They hate one another, so we have to rotate when they come inside and go outside. We can't let our lab and the catahoula in at the same time cause they will fight which, in turn scares my daughter cause the lab has a good 50lb on our catahoula. They used to get along fine, but now they hate one another and we can not figure out why.

Back
Top Bottom