Do you have a favorite breed of dog?

Hi, The best dog Ive ever owned is my pitbull gypsy. I know alot of people dont like them but there great dogs its just unfortunate that some PEOPLE dont raise them right. I know Im perfectly comfortable with leaving her with my birds and never had a problem, none of my friends can do the same with there dogs without a chicken massacre.
IMG_0851.jpg

Jack Russells. I show, race, and breed these guys. I'm still new to it, but I guess everyone starts somewhere!

297802_10150279276812319_813192318_7448795_6580687_n.jpg

This is Ferris. He is 1 and a half. He's a rough coat JRT with tan markings.

Quote:
I know what you mean about not looking cause i'd take all the dogs from the pound home if i could lol. I have a catahoula mix and tons of chickens and he has never killed a single one lol but boy does he love to chase squirrels , raccoons or an other animal that is foreign to him. Thought id give you some hope on the matter in case you are ever offered one
smile.png

I actually won't let any of our dogs out with the chickens alone. They all show to much interest. They make me too nervous. Surprisingly though, the ones that show the most interest are our chihuahuas. I swear they actually drool when they see the chickens. They all seem to care less about my daughters rabbits when she lets them out inside to run around. The catahoula and the shepherd are actually scared of them. Lately, the only problems I have had are between our lab and our catahoula. They hate one another, so we have to rotate when they come inside and go outside. We can't let our lab and the catahoula in at the same time cause they will fight which, in turn scares my daughter cause the lab has a good 50lb on our catahoula. They used to get along fine, but now they hate one another and we can not figure out why.

Thats so srange because my catahoula and my sisters dog thats a golden retriever do not get along, the normally just give eachother mean glances but they have to be kept away from eachother when they are eating or are even around some type of food or they will fight.
smile.png

Last edited:
My one and only dog, my baby- Sir Mickalous aka Mick. He's a black lab, about 14 years old now, and the best dog I've ever had. I can't imagine what a day would be like without him.....
86165_2011-11-14_09-13-46_835.jpg

Quote:
I actually won't let any of our dogs out with the chickens alone. They all show to much interest. They make me too nervous. Surprisingly though, the ones that show the most interest are our chihuahuas. I swear they actually drool when they see the chickens. They all seem to care less about my daughters rabbits when she lets them out inside to run around. The catahoula and the shepherd are actually scared of them. Lately, the only problems I have had are between our lab and our catahoula. They hate one another, so we have to rotate when they come inside and go outside. We can't let our lab and the catahoula in at the same time cause they will fight which, in turn scares my daughter cause the lab has a good 50lb on our catahoula. They used to get along fine, but now they hate one another and we can not figure out why.

Thats so srange because my catahoula and my sisters dog thats a golden retriever do not get along, the normally just give eachother mean glances but they have to be kept away from eachother when they are eating or are even around some type of food or they will fight.
smile.png

Yeah, I can't understand it at all. They are only a few months apart and always got along, but one day they got into a huge fight. We figured it was over food or something since we were in the process of feeding them. So, we did not worry about it to much. A week or two went by and they got into another fight over nothing that we could see. We started keeping them apart and now everytime they see each other, they will growl and lunge at each other. We have thought about rehoming the lab, but can not bring ourselves to do it because we love him as much as we love the catahoula. We have discovered that the lab prefers being outside during the day, so him and our great dane mix spend most of the day in the yard and the catahoula stays inside. When my daughter gets home, she takes the Catahoula for a walk and feeds him and the other dogs. At night, the catahoula sleeps in her room and if the lab and the great dane mix want in, we let them in, but they often just prefer the dog house. I hate that they are outside so much, but they seem to prefer it.

Dobermans for my big dog, they are so smart, loyal and loving. Papillons for my little dog. They're like a big spaniel in a tiny package. Lots of spunk, love to retrieve, smart, agile and loving. Very good with strangers and family.
I do agility with both my dogs and both breeds are excellent for agility.

We love our Doberman and our Frenchies!
10773_mocha2.jpg

10773_potterydog_002.jpg

10773_100_3014.jpg

10773_100_3010.jpg

But the best (in all ways) dog we have ever owned was a boxer/lab mix
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom