Do you have a favorite breed of dog?

I love my Catahoula! I researched the breed before I got one but he exceeded my every expectation.

228253_10150179574097056_676947055_7510248_4173760_n.jpg

Last edited:
I think most of it is in the dog, and I'm the first one to say "Don't buy, rescue!" But, I cannot get enough of Dobermans. I LOVE DOBERMANS. They are beautiful, incredibly smart, athletic, loving. I haven't owned one, but I will one day. I've also had great experiences with pits and staffs, but I don't want them like I want a Dobie.

The current "love of my life" is Muffin, 12 y.o., Father was a lab/border collie mix, mother was a pure chowchow. She's pretty, smart, loyal, and incredibly loving. This "little" girl grew up with me, and was my first dog. She'll be my best friend, even long after she's passed. Only problem is her health.. she's allergic to everything, reoccurring fatty tumors everywhere, and is hypo thyroid. But I love her.

12583_dsc00043.jpg

1. Chihuahuas
2. Maltese
3. Pomeranians
4. Yorkies
5. American Eskimos
6. Australian Shepherds
7. Border Collies
8. Shiba Inu

Dachshunds are by far my FAVORITE!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
droolin.gif
Dont know what I would do without my three!!!

71014_my_three.jpg

71014_three_amigos1.jpg

One and a half place would be the Great Pyrenees
droolin.gif
celebrate.gif
....cant get no better than these guys!!!! Ours is such a good boy!!

71014_phone_pics_2_030.jpg

71014_hunter_5.jpg

CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is my cavalier named Lily! She is the sweetest thing, absolutely loves the chickens and LOVES people!!!!
augsept11475.jpg

I have to admit I'm not a dog person. Last dog I had
was 25 years ago-I left him with my mom to have company
when I got married. He was an Airedale. Awesome dog!

But if I were to get a dog:

1. Borzoi
2. Wolfhound
3. Pyrenees
4. Bernese Mountain Dog
5. Newfoundland

Lynne
bun.gif

Quote:
We used to have Kees and they were wonderful dogs! One of the stud dogs we had, he was so mischevous and he certainly gave us the run for the money LOL! his name was CH Dutchmans Tigger Too Too....I don't know enough about his pedigree but we never had any pups from him while we had him for almost two years. He was a class one clown!

If it was not for the hair, I would not mind another one.

I'm with littlecreek - CKCS are for me! (beautiful Blenheim littlecreek!). Here are my three: missy (10) Ruby (the queen who started my obsession with the breed, 13), and Molly (just turned 1).

6d908efb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom