do you have a pair of chickens that refuse to split up??

Sobek

Songster
Aug 12, 2018
orlando florida
I got two girls as little baby pullets. Old enough to recognize each other but hardly bigger than my hand. They're all grown up now! :) But they STILL to this day refuse to split up from each other. They lay eggs in the same nesting box.... They are always found together in the grass foraging. If one of them is sick and getting a shot the other one runs over to be there. If I bring one inside the other cries at the door and one cries inside. It's so cute

I had sisters that would walk side to side. It was so cute.
I don't think mine are related like that??? They're different colors. one is looks just like a rhode island red but a little lighter than my RIR. The other is a black sexlink :l so I mean they probably have different fathers but family is who you were raised with I guess??

Let's see a photo!
Lol I didn't notice but in both pictures they stand the exact same way in referse
IMG_20180919_164845477.jpg
IMG_20180913_232836344.jpg

My newest babies are the same colors. They were the only hens born, so maybe that's why my littles have to do the same stuff. As for my rrs their other two sisters got attacked by raccoons so maybe in their mind, if they glued themselves together, they wouldnt look so little.

My Brahma baby Pearl had a sister Opal, but Opal was never healthy and died as they entered their teens. After about 24 hrs., Pearl seemed to suddenly realize Opal was gone and was just inconsolable. =( It lasted a good week, her peeping at the top of her lungs and wandering around, looking for Opal. =( I had her in with lil couch roo 9 Volt and the 2 of them became inseparable. Now that she's all growed (LOL), the hens want nothing to do with her but she's always with Gus, who is also a bantam but considerably larger than 9 Volt. The minute she saw Gus Gus, she was on him like glue! He saves her the most delicious tidbits and chases the older girls around if they start to pick on her! :D It pays to have a good friend! :clap

Back
Top Bottom