Do you have an opinion?

I sometimes like to refer to myself as the John the Baptist of poultrimen. I have lots of experience raising and keeping poultry in such an incredibly different way than everyone else. Everyone seems to be suprised that it works. I look at them and I'm surprised that everyone else's method works! And yes, soem have even begrudged me...

Really?
I just keep my hens in a coop with a small run, let them out every morning; feed them and put them back in. We have a fence and their left wings are clipped. The sleeping part of their coop is raised a bit, and has straw on the bottom.

Really?
I just keep my hens in a coop with a small run, let them out every morning; feed them and put them back in. We have a fence and their left wings are clipped. The sleeping part of their coop is raised a bit, and has straw on the bottom.
And I should mention that I do understand why some raise fowl intensively; because there is no alternative. But those who have 200 completely unused acres and keep there chickens into a place like that... I don't understand. It's SO much more effecient to raise them the John the Baptist way. Trust me. I'm apparently the only soul in the entire world who knows...
If one has land, and a friendly dog....
-No incubation
-No feed (except in winter)
-No fencing
-no lighting
-no input, only output.

Last edited:
I think it's good to think differently - ya' just have to be ready to take some crap when you openly share your "different" thinking with the world (or a forum...lol).

And eenie - you think your different opinions get you nowhere, but sometimes that expressed minority voice/opinion helps others feel not so alone in their own opinions that don't fit the norm, and may even give them the confidence to express their own thoughts against the masses.

Really?

And I should mention that I do understand why some raise fowl intensively; because there is no alternative. But those who have 200 completely unused acres and keep there chickens into a place like that... I don't understand. It's SO much more effecient to raise them the John the Baptist way. Trust me. I'm apparently the only soul in the entire world who knows...
If one has land, and a friendly dog....
-No incubation
-No feed (except in winter)
-No fencing
-no lighting
-no input, only output.

That sounds prettty cool. I wish I could do that. Alas, I live on a 3/4 acre of land, and I need a fence to keep my hens out of the neighbour's garden. What I meant by food it any fruit that will become inedible soon, but is still fine to eat now.
I think that incubation isn't a good idea, personally. It's much more natural to let the hens do it.

Yup, that's because of the SSoN(Secret Society of Nerds). As a nerd, you must befriend and protect all fellow nerds.
Thanks.

:lol: True! Here, we call ourselves 'NAWS'. Nerd Association [School Name] Society. I don't know who came up with it, I only joined this year and NAWS has been around for longer than that. :p

Oh, and as for feeling like I'm not alone, NOBODY, I'm sure, on this entire planet shares my dismal views of the military and all that... stuff. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Quote:

I wish we had something like that at our school.
lol.png

You should start one. I'm pretty sure NAWS was started by the weird but awesome people here, a few years back. :p (My friend and I are going to take over the reigns as the oldest now, seeing as the year 12s graduated recently. :lol:)

Oh my God, I am going to scream. Can I PM someone with some anti-patriotism ranting? Someone who won't be offended?

You should start one. I'm pretty sure NAWS was started by the weird but awesome people here, a few years back.
tongue.png
(My friend and I are going to take over the reigns as the oldest now, seeing as the year 12s graduated recently.
lol.png
)

Ah.
tongue.png

I dunno if I could start one though, I'm not very leader-ish.
tongue.png
Besides, I'm leaving the 30th.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom