Do you have any lovable roosters?

Ra_

Crowing
11 Years
Jan 25, 2010
North Central Florida
Quote:
Peanut had been in with his parents but I finally moved him out, to an adjoining pen.
He was fine all day but began crying as night fell, so I took him inside.
I had just hatched 2 chicks and they were in the brooder. I built a perch over the brooder for Peanut.
I then just put them all together to observe him and he allowed them to burrow under him.
He also began participating in their feeding when I fed them all various treats.

I hope they are both females so that they can eventually become his mates.
I weighed Peanut today and he is 10.0 oz.
He's growing fast now. He put on 1.2 oz. in just the last 6 days after taking almost 5 months to reach 8.8 oz.

Last edited:

Ra_

Crowing
11 Years
Jan 25, 2010
North Central Florida
Quote:
For a second, I thought that toolbox was a little rooster desk and it made me think of this:

roosterboss.jpg

annie3001

My Girls
10 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Ct.
awe how adorable! we have a rooster that is quite loveable. i cannot just pick him up, however he is extremly friendly. protective and friendly. nice comination!
smile.png

maybe your roo is a hen? ha lol

ijon1

Songster
10 Years
Jan 26, 2009
gaines, michigan
My Amerucana rooster, Fur Neck from John Blemn is one of the sweetest roosters I have been around. He is standard. I have a bantam rooster called Little Gray is also sweet and loves to be held.

Ra_

Crowing
11 Years
Jan 25, 2010
North Central Florida
The chicks that Peanut raised have become great breeders.

smokyspringtime.jpg

6 month after Peanut was born, his parents gave me a female chick that
was as fat and round as he was. Peanut and Fluffmonster are now happily mated.

fluffy.jpg

Peanut is one bird that could not ever be bothered to run from you as you try to pick him up.
He's just too dignified for that. He'll talk to you like crazy once you lift him.

I have a big wire cage that I move around on my rye grass. I put 5 chicks of various ages in there and I tossed Peanut in with them.
They scattered in fear but it didn't take them long to discover that Peanut is not like other roosters.

The Serama authority says that Class A Serama shouldn't be able to breed very well.
Peanut and Fluffmonster are both Class A. I think the Ball type body style may give the internal organs
and reproductive tract a lot more room than is possible with the most extreme show Serama?

Last edited:

Top Bottom