Do you have any lovable roosters?

Ra_

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 25, 2010
North Central Florida
Peanut has just started crowing. He will be 5 months old tomorrow.
I put these 2 young chicks with him a few days ago and he adopted them very quickly.

peanuttrio3.jpg

Smoky usually stays completely buried but Springtime is always peeking out.

peanutspring.jpg

That is so cute! I never had a roo do that! Well maybe my silkie will he is a sweet heart, I never tried it! lol

love.gif

Peanut is a darling...

But, in answer to your original question, yes, there is such a thing as a loveable rooster and we actually have one. Our lone rooster, DaddyRoo, is very loveable.

He's an Easter Egger, and will be one year old later this month.

We got him from a feed store with five pullets at one day old, so we've raised him from early chickhood.

He follows us all around in the chicken yard, eats scratch out of our hands, and if he's in a mood to be held, he'll DEMAND that we hold him -- and even fly up into our arms if we are not paying proper attention to his request!

We've never had any trouble with him, and frankly, he's a great addition to our chicken family!

Oh, yeah -- he's fathered five chicks for us, thus far.

Our only problem with DaddyRoo -- despite repeated requests, he has not paid a single penny towards child support for his baby chicks...

Last edited:
Oliver is my baby, he is one year old and he likes to be held. He is going through a teenage phase right now where he tries to be aggressive to impress the ladies, but he sucks at it.
big_smile.png
He lets me hold him and stroke his waddles. It makes him fall asleep. He is such a sweetheart, he thinks he is a lapdog. It does cause him to be picked on by other roosters though.... He is a Golden comet.

snow2-4-10175.jpg

My old leghorn rooster would feed chicks and huddle with the mother hen so
the chicks would climb under him and her.

He was my first incubator test and at 6 weeks old I put him in a cage with
new hatchings because there wasn't another brooder to put them in.
They would huddle to him and he would protect them.

My splash OEGB roo mouse watches over chicks too.

Very cute!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom