Rooster crowing at night

Eggsandbeyond

Songster
Apr 13, 2023
My 6 month old EE roo is new to my flock just got him 2 weeks ago. Took him a few days to crow here. But now he keeps doing it throughout the night. Loud enough to hear him and I am worried about the neighbors complaining. I dont see any predators or anything I'll check but he crows more at night than during the day. What's the deal??!! Photo of the handsome fella attached.

Attachments

• 20231127_124156.jpg
    20231127_124156.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 24
Is there any lights he can see? (Outdoor, bedroom, headlights, etc.) Are there any noises waking him up? (Dogs barking, car alarms, people talking, etc.)

Every rooster owner that is upset when their rooster crows at night or all the time during the day want to avoid crow collars at all costs! I personally think that collars are meant for dogs and cats, NOT CHICKENS! So I always recommend to place him in a dark hen house - leaving him NO light. That will keep it down a lot!
Also when he hears a car go by ar night or a coyote, as @Lacy Duckwing said above people talking is also a big one because they think that it's time for a treat, in other words they think their owner(s) are outside!
My best advice to you would be to keep him in a dark chicken coop with no light.
Chickens don't need a night light! lol 😂

Back
Top Bottom