Do you have to change the water for your chickens everyday when you put electrolytes in it?

Ocegra

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 15, 2014
Florida
I just bought three little packs of electrolytes for chickens at tractor supply the other day. I was reading the packet and it said "change water daily." Well I only have 10 little chicks and I think it would be a waste of money in to change the water everyday when they only drink a little bit. Do they say that so I buy more of their product, or because I really have to? Maybe I should use a partial part of the little package with the electrolytes you add to the water and just give them less water with it?

I just bought three little packs of electrolytes for chickens at tractor supply the other day. I was reading the packet and it said "change water daily." Well I only have 10 little chicks and I think it would be a waste of money in to change the water everyday when they only drink a little bit. Do they say that so I buy more of their product, or because I really have to? Maybe I should use a partial part of the little package with the electrolytes you add to the water and just give them less water with it?

Use a partial packet. I get at least four servings out of each pack. Do change everyday though.

Clean water is one of the most important things you can do if you want healthy poultry.

Use a smaller container , or less in the container if you are concerned about wasting the electrolytes. My 12 chicks went through about 1 quart a day for the first. 3 weeks

Ok they normally go through almost half a gallon a day. (I now have 16 chicks) I some how counted wrong earlier. Oops!well, I got two new ones today,, so I miss-counted. So half a packet with half a gallon. Sounds good. Thanks everybody.

Back
Top Bottom