Do you have to change the water for your chickens everyday when you put electrolytes in it?

Ocegra

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 15, 2014
Florida
I just bought three little packs of electrolytes for chickens at tractor supply the other day. I was reading the packet and it said "change water daily." Well I only have 10 little chicks and I think it would be a waste of money in to change the water everyday when they only drink a little bit. Do they say that so I buy more of their product, or because I really have to? Maybe I should use a partial part of the little package with the electrolytes you add to the water and just give them less water with it?

Tumbleweed Farm

Songster
8 Years
Jun 17, 2011
Benton City, WA
I just bought three little packs of electrolytes for chickens at tractor supply the other day. I was reading the packet and it said "change water daily." Well I only have 10 little chicks and I think it would be a waste of money in to change the water everyday when they only drink a little bit. Do they say that so I buy more of their product, or because I really have to? Maybe I should use a partial part of the little package with the electrolytes you add to the water and just give them less water with it?
Use a partial packet. I get at least four servings out of each pack. Do change everyday though.

chad-o

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 4, 2013
Clean water is one of the most important things you can do if you want healthy poultry.

boyswillbeboys

Songster
6 Years
Apr 19, 2013
Use a smaller container , or less in the container if you are concerned about wasting the electrolytes. My 12 chicks went through about 1 quart a day for the first. 3 weeks

Ocegra

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 15, 2014
Florida
Ok they normally go through almost half a gallon a day. (I now have 16 chicks) I some how counted wrong earlier. Oops!well, I got two new ones today,, so I miss-counted. So half a packet with half a gallon. Sounds good. Thanks everybody.

Top Bottom