Do you hear your turkeys peep like chicks in eggs?

Yes, sir.

But these two were under one of my girls until 4 days ago. We brought them into the incubator because she wasnt on them when we cheked everyone that morning and the eggs were cold. I was going to bring them in anyway because Im so afraid of hens killing babies.

How long do I wait, Steve?

I was sure of the start date. I poked a hole in the air end this morning and didnt see any movement. Wouldnt I see them moving in there?

sad.png
I didnt expect these babies but the kids and I grew to love them even while in an incubator. I feel horrible. Thanks for all your help, Steve. I really appreciate it.

I think the membrane was intact. They had feathers but didnt seem quite as big as they should have been. But Im new to this and can only go by the millions of pictures I have looked at online. I really wonder if they were without mom too long that night before we grabbed them? How cold can they get before they will die? I have heat in my chicken coop for the girls and its set at 43 so it cant get that cold on there. I really thought my chicken was more reliable than that stupid incubator. I guess it could have been something I did. I had the temp steady at 99.6ish and the humidity in the 60's.

I dont think I will ever incubate eggs again. I stressed with the chicks in there the whole 21 days and then I stressed with the turkeys for 5 days! We lost power when the chicks were on their 16th day for a whole night. I was crying, Steve! Im ridiculous
roll.png

I will get turkeys but I would much rather get them all ready for me to squeeze
smile.png

Come on favoritekitty...don't quit, It was a fluke this time, and even though I have been uninvitedly eavesdropping and following this strand because of my day old blue slate poult arriving in 6 days, I am really interested in Steve's offer of eggs....go for it...you can't quit now...What happened before wasn't your fault, you did your best. I hope this continues because I'm curious what will happen....its like reality chicken t.v. and I'm really learning alot from this.
I am curious why Steve doesn't breed blue slates? Are they difficult?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom