Do you hide food from your family?

Whitehouse Quail

Songster
10 Years
Jul 1, 2009
Michigan
I was traveling this weekend, and put my own cereal into my briefcase. I put it there because my family would eat it! And I wanted it! So, in my briefcase there is a folder of papers, sales reports, flash drives, wires, laptop, ipod, blackberry, and a box of Alpha-Bits.

Does anyone hide food from their family? Or am I just strange?

I hide the good chocolate.
droolin.gif

There's stuff hidden in plain sight... that's the trick around here... I've got taffy and M&Ms on the mantle that no one touches... it's weird.

I also make sure and hide a roll/pack of TP, because I KNOW that no one will bother telling me when the last roll is used and then it'll be me that gets left (less than) high and dry...
hmm.png
tongue.png

In the other freezer, Grandpa and I have hidden 3 half-empty containers of ice cream.

Yep, cause my kids dont understand portion control when it comes to treats. If there is something in the house they have to eat it/drink it until its gone.
I can make a 6 pack of Pepsi or a bag of candy last for weeks. I could buy them each the same thing and it would all be gone in 2 days.

This is a sore spot with DH. Not that we deprive our children by any means...ask the clerks at Sams Club and the grocery store. He just gets annoyed when he goes to get something out of the snack cupboard and its gone...3 days after we get back from Sams Club.

So he hides his favorite chips and candy underneath the table beside our bed. If they ask for some, he happily gives them a bowl of chips or a few pieces of candy but they arent allowed to just eat it til its gone like they would if it were in the pantry cupboards.

And my favorite cereal is one that they all dislike.... mua haa haaaa...

Back
Top Bottom