Do you know any paranoid people?

We had a friend come over for a surprise visit and before he even came in my house (hes a neat freak - I hate it when he comes over - even if I just cleaned my house I feel like its to dirty for him to be in, and my house isn't THAT dirty and hes never said that my house was dirty, im just worried about it because im crazy) and i met him on the porch and told him that we got 15 chickens and 5 ducks and a goose so the house smells like a barn and he said "aren't you worried about bird flu?!?" I said no and he came inside and sat down but he wouldn't go see my flock
sad.png

Isnt it funny, people see birds and think of the bird flu?! Funny thing was, my mom came over for easter and we had the ducks already. She had a bad cold at the time. Well we still dont have her cold and we are around the ducks all day/night.

Whos healthier now?!

KlaHaYa Gardens- I am watching you through your window right now....bwahaha...:snicker:

Quote:
Someone once begged me to sell them a dozen eggs and to see my chickens. I had just given all the eggs away. Had to scramble in the coops to come up with another dozen, plus what were my own eggs in the fridge. She asks the price, I say $3, she pitches a fit and says she'll pay $2 and change.

I go inside to get the eggs, let her go out to see the birds that were free range. I go out with her eggs and she begins cursing me and telling me how there are "laws against things like this" -- letting birds roam my acreage in the country! *face palm*

The next day I got a call from the state avian veterinarian -- he almost seemed to be chuckling, not sure. I was reported by this woman for having 200-300 birds with Avian flu and for not keeping them penned! Bwahahaha. I like how she added a zero to the number of birds I owned, and gave them a disease that has not been found in this country.

Wickedly, this is the "next" thing that happened: I learned the following week that she died after reporting me. I'm not supposed to snicker at that, right?! No irony there . . .

(Incidentally, the state avian vet was a good guy.)

WOW!! Your lucky you didnt get a call from a lawyer saying your birds gave her the avian flu and killed her!

Seriously though, where do people think chicken eggs come from? Do they think the chicken butts are steralized between each egg, and layed into a vaccum air sealed chamber where they are disinfected with bleach, boiling water and purel, then safely put into disinfected boxes?

If they saw the crap filled, germ infested places our grocery eggs come from, they would puke!

maybe she died from samonella poisoning from a grocery chicken egg...?

Thanks for the laughs!
lau.gif
(not about the woman who died but the others) My friend lives near a main highway and a driver drove past their penned in flock and reported them to Animal cruelty because the flock was outside in the run area and there was a little snow on the ground. They came and spoke with the owners and told them that the chickens were too cold out there and could get frost-bite on their feet. Also that they had to have heaters in the penned in area. They have buff orphingtons and put petroleum jelly on their combs and have the heat lamp going when it is really cold. I know if it isn't snowing, my flock loves to go and eat the snow. I have another friend that loves my brown eggs but refuses to eat my blue or green eggs cause there has to be something wrong with them - green eggs - they have to be bad.
barnie.gif
Wonder what he would do with my black cayuga egg? he he he

Last edited:
Wow, I wonder what your mom would think of me actually handling wild birds! I sometimes have to grab birds that are injured or trapped in fishing line. I even handle wild pigeons! She probably would not want to be near me.

The only thing that's happened to me so far is a little allergy aggravation and maybe a mite or two biting me.

Peeps and Quacks,

You say the birds were shipped to you? Did you get them from a hatchery? Does the hatchery advertise that they are NPIP?

Is there anything in the website that says that they can not ship to "a specifc state"? If the hatchery does not state that there are states they can't ship to, and if the hatchery is NPIP, your birds came from a hatchery that is routinely tested for Avian Influenza, so tell your mom to relax, because you have discovered that your birds were indeed tested for Bird Flu.

By state law, there are specific states that do not allow birds or eggs to be shipped into their state unless the hatchery is tested for AI. So any hatchery that can ship to every state has been tested for AI a couple of times every year.

Back
Top Bottom