Do you know what breed of Bantam these are?

Bubs

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 2, 2008

We got these Bantams at our local farm store and just love them, we have 2 like this one above. We'd love to know if it has a breed if there is one. Is the one below a Cochin, I'm assuming that they come in all sorts of colors... Also, if anyone knows the breed, do you know the sex? I'm amazed that the only crowing is coming from a sea bright that came in the group of 5 we got, I figured we'd get more roosters, I'd be super happy if these were hens.

They are just shy of 8 weeks. Thanks so much for the help!

The face on that cochin looks pretty red for 8 weeks, but I am not at all familiar with the cochin breed. I'll let an expert answer for ya :)

Beautiful birds--good luck.
D.gif

Your birds are very nicely feathered for being 8 weeks! My partridge cochin boy @ 8 weeks had a lot of wattle/comb development going on. I wouldn't necessarily base the guesses on colour alone. So many things could make it look more red than it is (ie: lighting, camera settings, etc) I have had a lot of pullets with a lot of colour at that age - my roosters always had growth as well as colour.
_MG_4681.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks so much, my daughter will be happy to hear that they are pullets. Not too shabby, one roo out of 5 from the feed store, I figured we'd get all roos-lol.

Back
Top Bottom