Do you know what I am?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SunAngel, Jun 11, 2009.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Songster

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    This little bantam came from the assorted bantam bin at TSC. I picked her out because I was trying to get a Gold Sebright and knew they had rose combs. The other ones with the same coloring either turned out to be roos or had a single comb, so I sold them. I am assuming this one is a she because the comb is still really small. She is feathering out totalling different than the Gold Sebrights did. Anyone know what she might be? I tried looking up bantams on several hatchery sites, but nothing they sell seems to match her. Could she just be a really poorly laced Sebright or maybe something else?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She looks bigger than she really is in the pics. She's bigger than my White Jap chick, but much skinnier and lighter than my standard chicks. She is about 4-5 weeks old.

Thanks for looking [​IMG]

2. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    This might sound weird [​IMG] but i think that is still a sebright its just has bad feather color and pattern. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. SunAngel

SunAngel Songster

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Hmm, well that would be ok, as long as she turns out to be a girl. I was just really stumped by the coloring.

4. SunAngel

SunAngel Songster

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Guess I will wait til she is fully feathered in and repost some pics. Maybe we can decide for sure if she is definitely a Gold Sebright.

5. wohneli

wohneli Songster

Oct 6, 2008
    Gainesville
    She looks like my EE's when they were young.

6. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    So I would say that she is what the hatcheries call an "Ameracauna" bantam. Pea comb-check. Strange colored legs-check. Color-check!
    EE bantam!

7. SunAngel

SunAngel Songster

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I have 3 bantam EEs and her body and head shape is nothing like theirs. She is about half the size, much daintier. Somewhere between a Japanese and an OEGB chick. The EEs also have a flat comb, whereas this chick has the rose comb with the point at the top. Her legs are a slate blue color, where the EEs have greenish/yellow legs. I could be wrong, but I don't think she is an EE.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: