Do you know your name.

David61

Crowing
Jul 27, 2019
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Do you know your name? What?
Yea, l was reading up on everything chicken into the wee hours on here last night.
I had multiple windows open as I click on links as the articles and threads side tracked me. Maybe some of you have read this or know it. I can't find it now.

I had no clue until reading that my chickens have a name for me! In chicken talk, they have given me a name to announce to the others in the flock it me. They call out my name just as i call out to them when I see them. Well, that's what I was reading anyway.
So, what's my name? As far as I can tell, I am....
rok BaC
The taker of eggs
The giver of grain
Gate keeper of the realm
Coon slayer and protector of hawk. All hail rok BaC !

Do you know your name?

My sister was over for a visit. I told her to go out and keep them busy in one end and I'll come up unannounced from the other end. They make that sound. Only for a short time just like you would when seeing them calling to them. They did it all day only for seeing me or in some interaction with me. Its my name.
Its not hard to notice once you know to listen. They make sounds for things as well as sound for actions. They found two snakes today in the yard. They made "a" sounds and everyone came over to see the snake. A 7" little garter snake. The second snake they made the same sound as the first snake. My alfa girl Brenda began stomping and pecking it to death. She opened a can on it. They have a sound they use for you too. What your name?

This is them saying it! See Melody's open beak?
DSCN2776.jpg

Back
Top Bottom