Do you like mcmurray hatchery?

THey're a very old business. As a rule poor businesses don't last very long so they must be doing something right.

WOW, they sent you EXACTLY 25? I ordered 25 cornish x and received 29 birds including my 1 free "rare" chick which I have no very idea what it is. Its pretty though, its all black, but on its back the feathers kinda have a greenish, dark shimmer to them. Shees cool. I will take a picture as soon as I can and post.

I made my first order the other day. I ordered 25 Straight Run RIR chicks.

I will let you know when they get here (The week of February 23)

Hi,

I am also a member on another forum, Dave's Garden. It has part of the website devoted to members rating catalog and online retailers. It is called Garden Watch Dog, but it isn't just garden things. If you search to the bottom of the types of businesses, they rate hatcheries. Mc Murray has a lot of mixed reviews there. It seems like most of the negative reviews are more recent. I would suggest checking it out if you are looking at hatcheries you have never used. Some have never been rated, but a lot have. People leave detailed reviews of their experiences. Just thought to mention if it is has not been before.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'll admit here that I'm not a hatchery fan. Started with hatchery birds as probably most did but it cost the same to feed a good bird from a breeder as it does to feed a hatchery bird, so I will only go with breeders from now on.

Now, having said that, I'm a little surprised to see that nobody on here mentioned anything about McMurray having an outbreak of Avian Encephalitis last year. BYC was full of posts everywhere and it was on other boards as well that lots of folks were having orders show up with a bunch of dead birds or dying shortly thereafter. I can't confirm or deny those reports but I'd suggest a search of old posts on BYC possibly?

God Bless,

Back
Top Bottom