Do you like the poultry electric fences?

Erinnlyn

Songster
Aug 21, 2022
Mid-Missouri
Hi,
I haven't been free ranging my chickens while I'm at work because I don't want to chance something getting them. We know we have foxes, coyotes, and hawks, and a new neighbor likes letting their 2 large dogs out to roam, apparently. I recently bought a 50' x 50' bird net as the cover for a much larger area so they can have some vegetation back, being that they ruined the grass rather quickly in their 150 sq. ft. run. I had been planning the fence to be wood and welded wire, lined by concrete blocks, etc....all that to keep everything out, then I thought about the poultry electric fence again. It should keep most everything back I'm guessing! However, I don't like the thought of the chickens possibly getting shocked. Those of you who have this, did your chickens get shocked? Do you like the fence? Thanks!

Hi,
I haven't been free ranging my chickens while I'm at work because I don't want to chance something getting them. We know we have foxes, coyotes, and hawks, and a new neighbor likes letting their 2 large dogs out to roam, apparently. I recently bought a 50' x 50' bird net as the cover for a much larger area so they can have some vegetation back, being that they ruined the grass rather quickly in their 150 sq. ft. run. I had been planning the fence to be wood and welded wire, lined by concrete blocks, etc....all that to keep everything out, then I thought about the poultry electric fence again. It should keep most everything back I'm guessing! However, I don't like the thought of the chickens possibly getting shocked. Those of you who have this, did your chickens get shocked? Do you like the fence? Thanks!
I have the electric netting. A couple of mine have been zapped by the fence. They created such a hullabaloo that the rest of the flock steers clear.

Back
Top Bottom