Do you name your chickens?NEW POLL!

Do you feel that naming your chickens you will become to attached to them?

• Yes,I do

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • No,Not really

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Well,It depend on if I am keeping the chicken for laying purposes

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
I have yet to issue any names, being that I only have my three "experiment birds" that I started with last year to prove to myself that I was responsible enough to keep them alive, lol. I didn't want to name them and get attatched and then something go wrong. Now they all just answer to "Lady and gentlemen" and that works for now. I have some Nankin coming in a few weeks and am super excited once I've culled down to the one's I intend to breed and show I will probably name them. I agree on the not naming anything you're going to eat bit. It just makes it feel weird.

I suppose that i could go with "Experiment A," "Experiment B," "Experiment C" and initial them for short, but at this point they know which one I'm talking to and so do I. I'll prolly just wait and name standout or special birds.

I suppose that i could go with "Experiment A," "Experiment B," "Experiment C" and initial them for short, but at this point they know which one I'm talking to and so do I. I'll prolly just wait and name standout or special birds.

You should try the new poll on the first page of this thread then
thumbsup.gif

My hens are Japanese Bantams and are pets first - egg layers second. I never eat the chickens! I do have to re home or sell some when my flock gets too big, and I hate doing that - even the rooster trouble makers.

My roosters - Noodle, Rock, Yoyo, Emu, and Robin
My hens - Shaboo, Blue, Sarrabow, Ginger, Owl, Dumpling, Pootle, Kiwi, Malabo, and Snowball.

Here are some of them chilling out in the sun.

They are beautiful! Great names to I like it :)
My hens are Japanese Bantams and are pets first - egg layers second. I never eat the chickens! I do have to re home or sell some when my flock gets too big, and I hate doing that - even the rooster trouble makers.

My roosters - Noodle, Rock, Yoyo, Emu, and Robin
My hens - Shaboo, Blue, Sarrabow, Ginger, Owl, Dumpling, Pootle, Kiwi, Malabo, and Snowball.

Here are some of them chilling out in the sun.

Here is my latest addition to my flock... named this one Blu. She is one that we will keep as a pet. I have 3 more that are in the process of being named.

I have a "Spunky", too -- a 2 mo. old frizzle/silkie mix, mostly black with some white in his FABULOUS foot feathering and topknot! He's so cute! his nickname is "spunky-punky bird". I've not heard crowing yet, but from how fast his comb came in and is MUCH more prominent than those on his hatchmates, I'm guessing little cockerel... :) He has 4 black hatchmates (2 frizzle, 2 smooth) and one OEGB / something mix in the golden color also with a little top-knot! :D Very different looking little one! My DH calls him/her "Chipmunk". Most of the rest have names (all the roos, most of the girls, and if I can't tell offhand who's who, they're "Pretty Girl" :D !!

Back
Top Bottom