• Yes

Votes: 173 81.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Only my favorites

Votes: 28 13.1%

• Total voters
Pics
Mine are all named . I have 2 Barred Plymouth Rocks named Stevie Chicks and Attila the Hen. The two golden comets are Annie Yolky and Princess Layer . The rest are baby Sapphire Gems . They are Goldie Hen, Amelia Egghart, Clara Cluck, Prunella Pullet, and Dolly Carton.

I named a pullet that made a pet out of herself after being severely injured in a predator attack. She's a 3 month old White Giant. Today I named her Avalanche because when she is grown and landing on my shoulder it's going to feel like an Avalanche.

When we got our girls, my daughter and I had been on a Marvel movie kick. So we named them after female lead Marvel characters. We have Gamora, Pepper, Wanda, Nebula, Shuri, and then we have Rocket. She's our bantam and is small but mighty. We did lose one at 2 days old, we refer to him as 7 and we're convinced he was the roo of the group.

Lol, 1 - 15 all have names and we can easily tell them apart. When we went from 15 to 21, we did give them names but stopped being able to truly distinguish between hens of the same breed. The three white rocks are all named "one of the white ones."

When we went from 21 to 34, a couple of distinct hens received names the rest remain without names.

Now, with 8 new chicks hatching, I told my 11 yr old niece she can call them whatever she wants -- I can't keep up.

The three roosters have names :D

The total list would be too long. Usually I try to find unique names if possible. Currently I have only 5: Celeste, Penny, Florence (the lap chicken!), Bonita, Blanche (my EE crossbeak).

I've had a Betty and Wilma. And a Henrietta, like most. Vashti (from the movie "Giant") passed away this year. I had a Bertha, my Little Brown Hen. Agnes was Boss Hen, a very handsome BA gal and the benevolent leader of the flock during her time. One of my favorites, LaVenia Lewis, my Big Chicken--named after a gal who sang in a South Houston ice house many years ago. And my best friend, Jolene, the Grasshopper Queen who was most accomplished at catching grasshoppers!

Everybody gets a name but it's all about the individual personalities.....
El Chopo because she is always escaping her pen (I think she's pays the armadillos and gopher tortoises to dig her out)

Bag Lady because she'll leap up and rip the bottom out of any bag you're carrying in the hopes that goodies will fall out

Trumpet because she trumpets at the top of her lungs after every egg

PuffHead because she's araucana and has puffy feathers around her ears

Wacky Whitey because she's a purebred leghorn... Need I say more?

Pamela and Sue because they remind me of some friends of ours - a pair of elderly women who toddle along together everywhere they go

Browny because she's the only brown chicken I have. I know - boooring.

My chickens names are Becky, barb, Larry, poppy, fishie, Dottie, orb, snow, bubble, Ms.moom, liz, hazel and cheepy, my four ducks are sharkie, duckie, quackers, and waddles andy guineas are ginny and beth
I always name my chickens! I have 14 Blossom, Jessie, lily, Marigold, hope, Daffy, Amelia, Royal, Almanzo, Leia, tilda, Belle, Evelyn and Josephine I was wondering if other people name their chickens?

Back
Top Bottom