• Yes

Votes: 173 81.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Only my favorites

Votes: 28 13.1%

• Total voters
Pics
At first, we named them all. My kid knew them all (I knew most).

But, now, only favorite or unique ones get named. We have three from our first flock, they are 5.5 years old. They are: Galadriel and Kili, both EE. And Sylvia, a SLW.

We picked up a random chick last fall (with other chicks) and she has turned into a very fluffy, all white Cochin, so her name is Cloud.

We often name the roosters too, but currently have not yet named the only rooster bc he is in a separate pen with 3 girls -he’s a really good rooster (age 1 year, 2 months) and will likely be given the opportunity to lead the main flock, so we should think of a name for him.

I named all of mine, but it took about 5 weeks, as they became old enough to tell the difference, especially the Azure Eggers. They all just looked like little chipmunks. 😋
11 chicks
Grace, Hoola, Lucy, Manque, Polko, Quiche, Rapha, Soufflé, Wisha, Xena & Zoe.
Polko started as Polka, but it became clear she was a he. So I took off the a & added an o.
Found out Polko means “field dweller”, so that was pretty funny & appropriate.
And the two I named after egg dishes, also ended up being cockerels. 🤷🏼‍♀️
God has a sense of humor. 😂🙏🏻

I always name my chickens! I have 14 Blossom, Jessie, lily, Marigold, hope, Daffy, Amelia, Royal, Almanzo, Leia, tilda, Belle, Evelyn and Josephine I was wondering if other people name their chickens?
We name ours too!! Nutmeg, Tiger Lily, Emerald, Pansy, Velvet, Magpie, Poppy, Marigold, Gigi, and our two new babies Coco and Buttercup.

I let my grandkids name them…white leghorns are CluckNorris, Yolko Ono and Buffalo. Red Sex Links are Spicy, E and Chickira . My grandson even made a sign

Attachments

• IMG_1053.jpeg
    IMG_1053.jpeg
    534.2 KB · Views: 1
I always name my chickens! I have 14 Blossom, Jessie, lily, Marigold, hope, Daffy, Amelia, Royal, Almanzo, Leia, tilda, Belle, Evelyn and Josephine I was wondering if other people name their chickens?
My black stars (egg layers) are Nickie, Crowley, Beyblade, Slow Dancer, Jackie, and Chica. My meat chickens (cornish cross) are all "Big Bertha" and I refer to them as "The Bertha's". My Rhode Island Red rooster is Rhett, since he was given to me by my southern neighbor. My American Bresse rooster is "Frenchie", one of the hens is "Spot" (she has a black feather in her tail and another one in her right wing - something in the wood pile there...) and the other 8 have yet to be named. I have a Black Cornish Banty rooster named "Icarus", and he is my daughter's pet.

Back
Top Bottom