Do you need light in the coop at night?

For mine, we have an automatic light that turns on when they go in so they can get situated. Then when they are all settled in they are fine. So, we only have a light on while they are going in.

For mine, we have an automatic light that turns on when they go in so they can get situated. Then when they are all settled in they are fine. So, we only have a light on while they are going in.
When and how does the light go off?

Well I’m not 100% sure how it works. But it turns on when my chickens start heading to the coop at sunset. It turns off after a certain amount of minutes (I’m not sure how many minutes probably 30) and there is an automatic timer. It is like the timers people will use for their Christmas lights.

Well I’m not 100% sure how it works. But it turns on when my chickens start heading to the coop at sunset. It turns off after a certain amount of minutes (I’m not sure how many minutes probably 30) and there is an automatic timer. It is like the timers people will use for their Christmas lights.
So you'd have to adjust the timer as the days get longer and shorter?

I haven’t done anything with it and my chickens have been just fine. I guess that’s optional. Or, you could just set it for longer so it will work for both seasons.

I know I'm totally nuts, but I sing a goodnight to them "Good night sweetheart, well it's time to go..." song. They're so stinking sweet!

Back
Top Bottom