Do You Own A Gun ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BruceAZ, Jun 2, 2016.

1. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Overrun With Chickens

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    Lol perhaps concerned would be a better choice

2. BruceAZ

BruceAZ Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2016
    Valley of the Sun :)
    it's like it's just you and me here in this thread ..[​IMG]

oh.. you mentioned pest control?

like shooting the predators in your area to prevent them from killing your chickens?

there was a case here recently of some pest control guy who was shot by the police for pointing a gun out of the hotel's window..

turned out they are bb guns to use in pest control?

3. OrganicFarmWife

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    I think you will find most on here are of like mind. The thread itself is not as controversial on a site as it would be other social sites. I am not sure why, if it is because people who would choose to raise livestock are all like minded in other areas as well. Or if the livestock itself makes people see the world similarly. But most agree guns are nesisary, most (not all) are conservative, most agree with hunting, eating meat, realize that our food comes from a living animal and they want their food to come from happier animals.
    Yes we mostly use our guns to kill/reduce the population of raccoons, coyotes, opossums and tomcats.
    We have rabies in the area so we have a zero tolerance for and nocturnal animal being out in the daylight.

4. OrganicFarmWife

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    For controversy on this site debate:. homemade chicken feed vs commercial chicken feed. What breed of bird is the "best". To free range or to raise in a run. How to properly brood you chicks. Oh and one of my favorites, should I feed my birds "treats" or scratch :D

5. OrganicFarmWife

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    The police did not give the man warning before they shot him? I haven't heard of using BB guns for pest control, maybe one could kill a squirrel.

6. freddiethedog

freddiethedog Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2016
    I don't own A gun, but I do own 14 guns.
    [​IMG]
    I'm one of those chicks who give up buying new shoes at every opportunity and now I just buy firearms.
    Started with a shotty. Living in a city with police response times of over an hour for 911 calls, figured it was a good idea. Now, out in a more rural area and I can enjoy the sport of shooting. I don't hunt--yet, but I enjoy target shooting and I think it is silly to not have these tools and know how to use them. Living in an urban center, I've seen things close to living WROL and that was enough to get me started on this path.

7. freddiethedog

Mar 15, 2016
    Lived in the central city here, not a good place to be, and we would play "gunshot or firework" most nights. Now out in the country, hearing shots fired fills me with a warm comfy feeling instead of gut churning worry. I had seriously considered putting steel plate behind my headboard in the city and that is after I moved my bedroom from the street side of the house to the back. I do have a bullet hole in my car as a trophy of my time in hell.

8. BruceAZ

BruceAZ Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2016
    Valley of the Sun :)
    this is the full version of video in the 1st post * i'll update the first post with this video instead

[​IMG]

as for the man who was shot by the police.. it's this case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sounds like the type of girl i would get along with [​IMG] are you in phoenix arizona ?

14 guns?

a co-worker of mine has 30 guns -- it's one of his hobbies-- usually buy ammo in 1000 rds

guns are pretty expensive so i don't see myself own more than 4-5 though

sound more dangerous than phoenix.. was it road rage?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  9. freddiethedog

Mar 15, 2016
    Ha, No, not road rage, Probably just some random drive-by missed and hit my car. This is in Milwaukee, WI and it is quite horrible, so I'm sure you are better off in AZ. But, I'm outta there, have a little 1+ acre in heaven with my first 5 hens. Whoo hoo.

10. OrganicFarmWife

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    I tend to side with the officers whenever things like this happen. Unless something more enlightening comes up, I am going to assume the man shot did something stupid.
    I laughed a bit tonight. As I was closing up the coops I could hear a pack of coyotes running by. I then heard two shots from a gun...probably the coyotes got too close to the neighbors yard so he chose to send them on their way.
    I love the fact that I can live in a place where the greatest danger is coyotes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by