do you pity your lowest chicken?

Yes I always love my lowest girl...and I give her extra attention ..maybe also because she comes to me for a chat and a treat. I also put out different piles of treats and make sure there is enough for everyone and I also hand feed my lowest on the order girls with corn ect...gotta love the ones who can't stand up for themselves and can't help being sweet.

44332_black_girl_2.jpg

Quote:
I have the same chicken hutch in the first pic.
big_smile.png
I treasure my lowest. They're like little dolls!

I have 2-6 lowly chickens in the flock(s), all of them are my lap chickies. Lets see there is Dutchess, Dizzy (Splash JG x EE boy), and then an unamed bantam hen that is such a love!
love.gif
Then of course I have lap chickies that are higher up in the pecking order. ~ Aspen
smile.png

Quote:
The lowest bird of the flock is usually the last to get to eat, the last in the coop, gets the worst roost in the coop.

i have a little deformed roo with a deformed back and wry tail. he is quiet but still follows me around. With the chopping block coming up for my excess flock coming up, I didn't have the heart to kill him. he's too little to eat anyways i figured.
wink.png
he's way too cute to get rid of. he's going to stay. When i'm in the coop i make sure he gets a spot to eat in the feeder or hand him some treats. he gets a pat and a rub on the chin. he's been named Mansard.

i can't tell who is my lowest, they are always pretty nice to eachother... but i thik I like the highest 2 in the pecking order, because they are really outgoing and tend to be the first ones to come over and see me when i come out. but one of the 2 may be lower down, shellby because sometimes i see her wondering around by herself, but when they are eating there is no bullying for food... as soon as we got rid of our roosters it stopped, our roosters were obviusly sexist pigs/chickens who would eat their fill of the food first and then, and only then, allow the ladies to have some!
somad.gif
it made me furious... so we got rid.. all better now!!!

I don't know who my lowest is. I only have one out of the group that picks on the others and she is 2nd in line. Otherwise they are very nice to each other.

Back
Top Bottom