• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, multiple

• No

• No, but I wish I did

• No, but I do other things musical (Choir)

• Total voters
I play the clarinet. I can't hear the pitches, but I can "feel" when the notes are in tune. It has a specific...well, for lack of a better term, vibration to it.

I played from 5th grade to college. Debated on giving lessons, but I'm not patient enough, plus it's kind of hard to teach someone to play in tune when you can't hear the notes being played. Playing an instrument is a way of releasing yourself...it just feels "right" somehow to make something beautiful when you've had a hard day.

I play Bass, piano and the organ.
big_smile.png
I own one electric and one acoustic bass, and a upright piano that my grandmother gave us.

My dad taught me everything, he has TONS of guitars and has been playing for over 35 years. He also taught me how to play the piano and organ.

I also don't read music, I play by ear.

Last edited:
I play clarinet and bass clarinet. Played in ever ensemble I could get into in high school including concert orchestra, concert band, marching band, high school musicals, drum line, small quartets and for the local junior college. Unfortunately I'm not playing right now, but I'm hoping to get back into an ensemble soon.

I am a college student studying music education. I started out in 4th grade on flute and that went really really well. I was always the first flute in my school until I heard something new. When I was a sophomore in high school I heard an oboe and instantly fell in love. I HAD to play it. I started a month later and haven't stopped since. I still play flute and piccolo occasionally, but oboe is my main instrument. I guess there might be some connection between my love for ducks and for the oboe. I also play piano (fairly well- I just am a terrible sight reader when it comes to piano), english horn, clarinet (haven't played in a while though), some alto sax, Native American flute, ukulele, some guitar and violin (ukulele is my string instrument of choice though), and many more...including every single standard (and some not so standard percussion instruments). I am also a very big singer. I tried french horn but I was not very good at it LOL...then again, I was trying to teach it myself. I also tried that with bassoon. Didn't go very well either.

Music is my life. I live, eat, and breathe it.
love.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Ooh the Oud!!
big_smile.png

Funny you should post today. My oud has lay silent while I tried to find a teacher. Meanwhile, I received a really nice ukulele as a gift, and have been loving it! However, today, my soon-to-be oud teacher crossed my path. Now, I'm going to start investigating Turkish and Greek music. This is going to be great! Off I go....

Back
Top Bottom