Do you play favorites? Admit it....it's OK....I won't tell the others....

I have two favorites, chillian and baybay. They are both adorablr little runts that enjoy being held. They steal the most food from the bigger chickens too.
D.gif

The smallest chicken, named stub for her slower feather growth as a chick, she is shy and a small barred rock. our food is higher up then normal and sometimes i feel she can't reach it but i see her knock the lid off and eat the inside out of it. what she doesn't make up for in strength, she makes up for in smarts.
yippiechickie.gif

I have two favorites, chillian and baybay. They are both adorablr little runts that enjoy being held. They steal the most food from the bigger chickens too.
D.gif

The smallest chicken, named stub for her slower feather growth as a chick, she is shy and a small barred rock. our food is higher up then normal and sometimes i feel she can't reach it but i see her knock the lid off and eat the inside out of it. what she doesn't make up for in strength, she makes up for in smarts.
yippiechickie.gif
That sounds like my Pipsqueak. I was so worried she wouldn't thrive when she was a baby, because the others literally walked all over her. Now that she's growing up, however, she's learning how to use her size to her advantage and will dart under the bigger chickens from behind to steal their treats. XD When they're just ranging around the yard, she talks constantly to let the others know she's there so she doesn't get stepped on.

Okay fine I'll admit it, I too play favorites. I try not to, but some chickens beg for your attention, while others hate it. Needless to say, I want to feel wanted. So that leads me to Leticia. Leticia is one of my original 6 chickens, aged 11 weeks. Leticia is a Polish / Crested. I love all my girls evenly, but Leticia holds a very special place in my heart. Typically if the sun is out, they all avoid you like the plague-even my precious Leticia. However what little attention they give during the day is definitely 'recooped' after sunset. During the day, they all follow me around like little puppies waiting for snacks.Thus far frozen fruit has definitely been a favorite, that and BEER!

Okay fine I'll admit it, I too play favorites. I try not to, but some chickens beg for your attention, while others hate it. Needless to say, I want to feel wanted. So that leads me to Leticia. Leticia is one of my original 6 chickens, aged 11 weeks. Leticia is a Polish / Crested. I love all my girls evenly, but Leticia holds a very special place in my heart. Typically if the sun is out, they all avoid you like the plague-even my precious Leticia. However what little attention they give during the day is definitely 'recooped' after sunset. During the day, they all follow me around like little puppies waiting for snacks.Thus far frozen fruit has definitely been a favorite, that and BEER!
Polish Crested have been a lot of my favorites, too. They have so much personality!

I only have 3 - 1 BA (the snuggler), 1 RIR (the talker), 1 EE (the guardian)
Since we only have the three, we can spoil each one. I am forever thankful
to them for snapping me out of a nasty, lengthy, depression. I can't take
myself too seriously when I have chickens running in my yard and jumping
in my lap at times
celebrate.gif

As much as I hate to admit this, I brag about Beakman and Brutus the most. Beakman is by far my favorite Rooster. I already dread the day he will no longer be with us and he's only 2 years old. Brutus is one of my favorite hens, and by far the most friendly. She will even jump up in my husband's lap and NONE of the other girls do that! Beakman and Brutus are also most often my avatar pictures.

Last edited:
Here are more pics of my favorite. Im was told when i got the tiny chick it was a RIR, but a friend told me looked like a Comet. Also unsure of girl or boy. At one day old it was feathered sexed as a little girl but she is taller then my other babies and much friendlier so idk. My husband hates roos! :( We will wait til we see eggs or hear a crow. If it turns out to be a roo I'll fight to keep him , and I'll just go buy a pullet for him and move them to a cage away from my other layers. :)

Back
Top Bottom