Do you really need to check on your chicks 5x a day?

skatcatla

Songster
12 Years
Jun 26, 2007
I was reading the FAQ on Mypetchicken and they mention you should be able to check on the chicks 5 x a day for the first four weeks. I plan to keep them inside the house and we could probably check on them frequently, but due to work schedules there would probably be a few days where nobody is there for 8 hours. Do you think this will be a major issue?

No. I work too, and I'd give them food, water and cleaned out any wet spots before I left for work, when I came home and before bed. Of course, in between work and bed I usually spent an hour or two playing with them, but that was b/c I wanted to. And on weekends, well, it was hard to keep me away.
love.gif

Oh but of course. What's the point of getting fluffy chicks if you can't play with them?
big_smile.png

Sometimes chicks have a hard trip through the mail and it's good to plan on spending more time with them the first day. I also like to check on them more frequently the first few days. Once they get off to a good start, then they don't need to be checked on as much. That's just what I do.

Thunderstruck wrote:

Only 5 times a day?!?!

I don't think I left their side for the first 5 weeks!

gig.gif
I must agree.

They will be fine while you are at work. But if you can keep yourself from checking on them only 5 times while you are home let us know. I bet cha can't.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom