Do YOU reccomend Dry Hatching?

Pretty much what the title says. In the past 3 sets of eggs I've noticed the eggs that failed to hatch during lockdown drowned, too much humidity. I'm terrible at adjusting it, so I'm wondering if dry hatching would be more my style? How exactly do you do it?

I'm using an old Farm Innovator 4250. I live in the northeast corner of Nebraska, USA if that matters at all.

Any tips you have would be much appreciated... I'm still a rookie when it comes to hatching eggs.
Personally i dont, dry hatching seems to take longer, but it is possible to hatch them with dry hatching. I hatched mine with humitity and it seems to be a lot quicker and better. But dont worry! Hatching it dry is easy, dont add water and if they seem to take long just add a bit, candle it every now and then and you shouls be good! Tell me if you have more questions, ive hatched 6 eggs. Waiting on 2 more.

My first time incubating i did a dry hatch. I would never do it differently. Not stressing over humidity was a relief. My dry incubation stayed at 30-40% humidity. I didn't have a drop of water in the incubator until lockdown. Then it didnt take much to get it to 60-70%, and im not even sure if that was needed. The sudden spike in humidity didn't seem necessary as when the first chick hatched, it naturally raised the humidity. If i decide to ever hatch again, i will experiment with not stressing with raising humidity during lockdown either. Ive seen many people forget to adjust for lockdown and had better hatch rates than they did opposed.

Pretty much what the title says. In the past 3 sets of eggs I've noticed the eggs that failed to hatch during lockdown drowned, too much humidity. I'm terrible at adjusting it, so I'm wondering if dry hatching would be more my style? How exactly do you do it?

I'm using an old Farm Innovator 4250. I live in the northeast corner of Nebraska, USA if that matters at all.

Any tips you have would be much appreciated... I'm still a rookie when it comes to hatching eggs.
You bet I do.
I have fantastic hatch rates and I'm convinced it's party because I keep my humidity low throughout.
20-30% until I see an external pip and then I may raise it to 50%. Never higher.

I keep my humidity in the high 20s for incubation and 40 to 45% for hatching. I've found lower lockdown humidity works better for me; my hatches seem faster and they're far cleaner. However, this isn't a suggestion endorsed by many, so YMMV.
Good to know, thank you for sharing this. I am super open to everything, I've got lots of room for new chicks so knowing me this won't be my last set of eggs this year. I'll probably be trying out a couple different methods just to see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom